Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neither or both..
It's Terry's recipe for the 562.
And it's a fast bastard.

Look, I don't ask how the sausage is made..
Don't care..
Just as long as it's good sausage.

Yep the strongest WORK saw I ever ran :)

dl5205

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
...fortunate ...me like FF150....reunited... star crossed lovers...

If you say so. I'm so happy y'all are out of the closet.

Edit. SmileyFace. End edit.

Don't take my difference of opinion so personally. You don't know me.

2nd Edit.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In a hour i can make a 660 run very good, cut 040 from the chamber and smear some jb weld in the intake,raise the transfers a touch and knock a big hole in the muffler and people are shocked at how well it runs. Should that be cheaper than grinding here and there for a few hours for the same result?It can be that easy but I try to squeeze everything I can from one,should that be more?

VRooooooM

Correct.The proof is in the pudding.. errr.. sausage.

pudding sausage: the other gross meat

greenwood

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
you have a right to your opinion....but i also have a right to post what i think is poor quality work when its my time and money going into making it right.

you guys think i took posting this lightly...i have seen what happens when someone is called out on the work they do....im still waiting on an answer of how the bearings and carb are warrantied but the piston and cylinder arent.

I know nothing about porting...I have said so many times before but i know what poor quality work and no pride in your work looks like.
very good of you to spend your time and money to make that saw right, I hope the man that modded that saw thanks you.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
guess who did this cylinder

s-l1600.jpg
Big Dave Neiger??? Lol..

Can I answer a question with a question? How does it run?
Because from my perspective, that's what matters.
I think that may be what some of the members are missing here.
If it's a turd, tell the guy that built it it's a turd. He'll usually want it back for turd inspection.

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Fortunately, Terry knows what works. As I have one of his 562's that Andy ran and liked so much, he bought one from Terry too. When I called to order one, Terry told me exactly what he did to them that worked so well and that's what I got.
2 years and lord knows how many tank full's later, still running like a bat out of hell.. Worth every freaking penny spent.
I even still got the original "bad" carbs!! Lol..

Maybe it's the oil I use??

Hedgegrow I know that Terry knows how to port and do good work but it just did not happen on this saw. On yours it did apparently. I also know that a bad crank bearing does not cause the kind of damage that is shown on that saw.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hedgegrow I know that Terry knows how to port and do good work but it just did not happen on this saw. On yours it did apparently. I also know that a bad crank bearing does not cause the kind of damage that is shown on that saw.
I understand your appreciation for good craftsmanship. And fine fit and finish.
On the other hand, I've also seen what you can make serviceable in these saws. I would run that top end without hesitation, and on every outing.
Would fix the air leak first of course. Knowing I got a year or so to make it blow, knowing Terry said he'd replace it if it came to that.
If he told me that, I'd take it to the bank.
It really bothers me when folks compare builder's work from appearance, cause over the years I've seen too many ugly ducklings drub the swans.

Now back to the oil I use..

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I understand your appreciation for good craftsmanship. And fine fit and finish.
On the other hand, I've also seen what you can make serviceable in these saws. I would run that top end without hesitation, and on every outing.
Would fix the air leak first of course. Knowing I got a year or so to make it blow, knowing Terry said he'd replace it if it came to that.
If he told me that, I'd take it to the bank.
It really bothers me when folks compare builder's work from appearance, cause over the years I've seen too many ugly ducklings drub the swans.

Now back to the oil I use..

To each their own and I will agree to disagree with you and will let it go at that.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a question. If u cut the base and the transfers hit the magic # and the intake is lower than u really want, why would u touch either? Thats a porters dream to be spot on
A 660 can be made a good runner without touching a port. Only raise the transfers and have a even better runner, the exhaust needs nothing but lowered.

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a question. If u cut the base and the transfers hit the magic # and the intake is lower than u really want, why would u touch either? Thats a porters dream to be spot on

Ok but that does not mean the saw was ported, so do not tell people it is. What is does mean the cylinder was dropped to bump up compression and the ports were left where they were or castings cleaned up at best.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve Jobs said it best, "I don't care about being right. I only care about results."

Another way to say it is you can't argue with success. Eventually you might blow it though and watch the vultures circle them wagons. You can push that car just a little too far on any Sunday afternoon. And if you break your neck in some damn fool wreck, they'll forget about ya soon.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok but that does not mean the saw was ported, so do not tell people it is. What is does mean the cylinder was dropped to bump up compression and the ports were left where they were or castings cleaned up at best.
What should that be called and how much do you think it's worth?

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You know guys this is an open forum for discussing things and this is one of those things. Especially when people come on here and advertise their business for building and selling saws. There is nothing personal here and it should maybe help those guys who are still learning what is considered good or bad when it comes to making a choice for themselves and the work they want done. I feel bad for the owner of this saw and the frustration that he has had to put up with not to mention the money he has spent.

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
One someone puts out junk it doesn't do anyone a favor by hiding it. Except for the crapsman that put out junk.