High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Porting, You get what you pay for

tlandrum

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
this will be my one and only response to this thread so if you want more ,read it twice.
jonsered 2260 msrp for power head only is $699.95 I believe this sold for 900 plus shipping. so that means $200 over msrp for modified saw.

the saw had a crank bearing failure early on in its life and was sent back to me to be fixed. saw was repaired at no cost other than shipping.
owner was told about the scaring in the cylinder and piston at that time. owner new the cylinder was not 100% and was agreed to try it as it was before putting more money into it. after a few hrs of use the saw was acting up and returned for a carb swap. at no cost other than shipping to the owner. this was the last I heard of the saw until a few days ago.
seems that every time a saw is taken apart and the port work doesn't look exactly how they think it should ,or was told it should,the customer must have been screwed over. ive told people and posted many pictures of exactly what I do to the 562/2260. I may have tried a few minor different things over the years but I have pretty much stuck with the same thing. ive tried about every combo you could try and found this is what I liked best. no one ever gripes about how little is done to the saw when they are out showing off how well they run against others, "until" someone decides that what has been done isn't a proper port job.

just because some guys have a pound of aluminum dust after a job is done ,doesn't mean its the best way. its just there way..

when porting a saw you figure out what timing numbers you like in the saw and that's what you use. so if the transfers have the timing you want from the factory,should I grind it anyway ,just so it looks like I did more work? no...

if the exhaust timing is high enough from the factory should I raise it up just to make it look like I did more work? no...

polishing the exhaust doesn't make a saw faster and is not a necessary step,although I used to polish them like a mirror in the early days,it wasn't needed.

the intake on a 562 has very little room to do anything with ,other than take out the casting flash ,so should I have ground it more just to make it look like I did more work? no...

when you do a pop up piston on the 562 and lower the cylinder to get the squish set it gives you added intake duration and added compression. I like the factory transfer and exhaust timing so I don't touch it.
the lower transfers have a lot of casting flash in them so this needs to be removed. I do not hog out the transfers just for people to think I did more work . in my opinion the more you grind out of them the slower the saw will get.
when lowering the cylinder base on this saw it got some chatter in the finish,did it ruin the cylinder,no it did not. it was using a paper gasket that would conform to the ridges and seal up.

so im still trying to figure out what it is I did wrong??????????
I warrantied a saw at no cost other than shipping
I modified the saw for the agreed cost
once I found out from the guy that started this thread there was a problem with the saw I told him to send it to me id repair it at my cost.
once the owner finally sent me a pm saying he wasn't happy and the saw had more problems I told him to return it for repair at my cost.
I also told him id replace the saw if it got to that point at my cost.
so what im gathering from this thread,is that someone wanted to start trouble where there was none. just because they thought there should be more work done.
this was just lack of communication to the sum of me not knowing what was going on til now.
I have every email from day one on this saw and there is no he said, he said on my end. although in an email from the original poster "the owner changed his story a few times"
I stood by my word from day one of the sale and will continue to do so now even after what the original poster has tried to do.
I found out years ago that when you deal with as many different customers as I have there will always be a unhappy customer somewhere,you may not know it ,but they will be sure and tell everyone but you without giving you the chance to make things right regardless of whose at fault.
ive stayed in business this long because I do whatever I need to to make things right.

I will not be responding to any posts on this thread after this one, ive stated my case. you can think as you want about me or the situation but rest assured I can sleep well at night knowing I have done all that I could to make a customer happy in this case.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trouble maker, attention seeker, call yourself whatever fits.

Ask yourself, if you were Terry, would you want someone treating you this way?
ff150 generates interest and learning and as a result it sounds like TL will get a chance to follow up with a customer that for whatever reason had taken a detour down a different path
I respect both at least as much as before the thread, you sir, not so much
Dave

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well if that is what is called porting then I am not interested. Doing a little clean up of the casting is not porting and should not be called such.
I am also some what confused on the time line. The saw was new and received and then was ported by wicked work saws and then sent to the customer is that correct.

All I can say is the saw looks like a mess and the owner has ended up with nothing but frustration and a screwed up mess. I do not believe fordf150 is trying start anything other feeling bad for the person who owns this saw. I agree with fordf150 that even though the cylinder base was cut and the pop up done to bump up compression there was no porting done to the saw.

As far as the pitting in the top of the cylinder and the scoring in all different places on the piston and cylinder it looks very strange to me.

dl5205

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
ff150 generates interest and learning and as a result it sounds like TL will get a chance to follow up with a customer that for whatever reason had taken a detour down a different path
Dave

Fortunately, I'm not worried about your respect. I usually keep my mouth shut. I honestly feel 150 should have handled this differently. That's my opinion and I have a right to it.

woodchipper95

Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I warrantied a saw at no cost other than shipping
I modified the saw for the agreed cost
once I found out from the guy that started this thread there was a problem with the saw I told him to send it to me id repair it at my cost.
once the owner finally sent me a pm saying he wasn't happy and the saw had more problems I told him to return it for repair at my cost.
I also told him id replace the saw if it got to that point at my cost.
This part here makes him in my book a good man. As long as its strong and reliable... I think those who have a 562/2260 that Terry has done should state their thoughts on his work.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This part here makes him in my book a good man. As long as its strong and reliable... I think those who have a 562/2260 that Terry has done should state their thoughts on his work.
Exactly! Terrys reputation speaks for itself!

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave
You still respect me Dave?

:roto2nuse:

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys do not want hurt any ones feeling but a fordf150 originally pointed out that the work looked shabby. Well it looks like crap to me to. From the grinding to the machine marks on the base of the cylinder. Not what I call good clean work.