High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My Happy Hanukkah Saw

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok so pardon an ignorant question: what makes certain older Craftsman saws so desirable?
Because many are just rebadged Poulan and Poulan Pro saws.
The 3.3 for instance is a rebadged Poulan Pro 335/336.....54cc pro built, adjustable oiler, yada, yada, yada....

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ah, I see. So they were actually a good saw at that point. Pretty cool you could get a saw of that caliber from Craftsman

I fixed a fairly recent Wally-World Homelite for a friend last month... It started, ran, and cut wood once I cut the limiters off and tuned it proper...but dayum...felt like "Fisher-Price" should have been the name on the badge compared to what I am accustomed to working with. Gets the job done on the cheap for some folks though

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congrats Wayne its a beauty
This pic would qualify for the Polisher choice award. http://opeforum.com/threads/polishers-choice-award-2017.9975/page-8#post-576756
20171229_205707-jpg.103935

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning chainsaw peeps. I'm Wayne if you don't know. I'll start off by saying my general mental state with saws is some were between childhood excitement and full blown hackery. My chainsaw knowledge ranges from loud and scary to "it ain't got no gas". So for reasons unknown to me Mr. @Jon1212 took me under his wing. Helped me with the ins and outs of proper forum etiquette and shined light on saw models unknown to me.

So this holliday season I saw a Craftsmen 3.3 in the giving thread. I clamed it, then a day later thought to my self "I don't need another saw" and messaged @Rob Stafari back asking to put it back up for someone to grab and enjoy. In the mean time Jon message me asking if I got the saw and if I needed a b/c. I told him no worries I'm not getting it. Little did I know he had other plans.

So fastfoward to 12-23-17 and a get a message from Jon asking if my Hanukkah gift arrived? I'm thinking here comes a mini Mac in a 5x5x5 box lol. So fastfoward again to 12-28-17 cause apparently the usps took their sweet ass time moving a box and I' waiting for the mail man before work. Now I work at 2pm and the mail is usually arries at 11am. I waited till 2:30pm and he is still a no show. So off to work I go.

Now I finally get home last night and find this!View attachment 103831

My first thought is " no flipping way he did this!" And I open it to find this! View attachment 103832I truly can't believe I have this! I feel very humbled and thankful for this saw. It is in awesome condition and what I would call shelf queen grade.

I'd like to thank Jon and whom ever else had a hand in this!
I have one of those
Excellent saw's it's on permanent loan
To a friend apparently lol
He's been using it for year's

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, Dub11, and I have not packed these into a JPG image file. Please pardon if they do not load rapidly. I think our site compresses them down these days:
Craftsman 4218 Chainsaw 01.JPGCraftsman 4218 Chainsaw 02.JPG Craftsman 4218 Chainsaw 03.JPG This saw runs today, and it has never given me any problems. A friend handed it to me with a broken pull cord and said, "I give up. It doesn't run. This piece of junk is yours now. I'm done with it."

The spark plug was too loose. I tightened that up, refastened the pull cord, and it started on the second pull. I've cut truckloads of firewood with it. And, it came packaged inside a nice black case that I still have.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to admit that my Craftsman 4218 may be only 16 years old. It's obviously at least 6 to 10 years younger than Dub11's saw. Regardless, I am amazed that it starts and runs as well as it does. I have tried to take good care of it. I even found an Echo bar that fits it perfectly.

Everybody laughs at these saws. I'm not sure why. Some say they were never designed to run more than 40 hours. I have to wonder about that belief. Mine's already run more than 80.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have to admit that my Craftsman 4218 may be only 16 years old. It's obviously at least 6 to 10 years younger than Dub11's saw. Regardless, I am amazed that it starts and runs as well as it does. I have tried to take good care of it. I even found an Echo bar that fits it perfectly.

Everybody laughs at these saws. I'm not sure why. Some say they were never designed to run more than 40 hours. I have to wonder about that belief. Mine's already run more than 80.
I'd say knowing how to take care of them helps in the aspect of service life alot

Egg-sack-lee.....

I've had saws come in that had less than 40 hours that looked like they fell in a manure spreader, then got drug down a gravel road....
20171009_163930.jpg
then I get a saw like a 30+year old 266 in for a fuel line, and carb kit that looks almost new.
20170915_113644.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Egg-sack-lee.....

I've had saws come in that had less than 40 hours that looked like they fell in a manure spreader, then got drug down a gravel road....
View attachment 104135
then I get a saw like a 30+year old 266 in for a fuel line, and carb kit that looks almost new.
View attachment 104137
That's the good, the bad, and the ugly. Today I got an MS29o ugly. I doubt it had been run in over two years. This saw looked like it had been stored in a hog house. Mud dobbers had built a nest inside the pull cord housing. A few eggs had not yet hatched. That's how some owners treat their saws.

After a complete clean up and fresh fuel, it started on the fourth pull. I considered that a small miracle.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thats cool wayne. Couldnt have went to a nicer guy. There are some great folks on here buddy. Glad you got stiches out happy new year