Mastermind Meets The Husqvarna 572XP

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right now.....I'm a nervous *frenched up wreck. I'm just trying to get my life back in order. Now......to all those folks that are like....."It's just a dog" Well.......*f-word you. LOL

I've worked in Greyhound rescue much of my life. I have always had dogs and always will. We have two hounds, and are about to get a third tiny whippet that was blinded somehow and found wandering in the streets of Dungarvin, Ireland recently.

168922792.YILU6pEa.DSC004261.jpg

There is nothing on this planet more loyal and loving than a good dog. If ya need proof, put your favorite wife and your favorite dog in the trunk of your car on a hot day. Come back 30 minutes later and open up that trunk and find out which one is happy as hell to see you.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's good to hear!
I've seen a lot better prices on them than was initially thought they would be. Looking forward to more durability reports before I pull the trigger.
Same here watching the 572 and the 462 very closely hoping both prove to be reliable and longlasting because i want one of each:)

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've worked in Greyhound rescue much of my life. I have always had dogs and always will. We have two hounds, and are about to get a third tiny whippet that was blinded somehow and found wandering in the streets of Dungarvin, Ireland recently.

There is nothing on this planet more loyal and loving than a good dog. If ya need proof, put your favorite wife and your favorite dog in the trunk of your car on a hot day. Come back 30 minutes later and open up that trunk and find out which one is happy as hell to see you.

Hitting the LIKE button wasn't enough.

I love that look, when something catches there eye.

Awesome little coats. I have something similar but not as nice from Voyager.

This little guy is 72 pounds.
Ha! (5)72

IMG_8293.JPG

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Whippets are just wonderful, Ansel my best buddy for 13 years, may he rest in peace, had a sister that went blind, she did very well.

Hope this works here is Ansel doing his favorite thing.

Anselruns1.gif

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hitting the LIKE button wasn't enough.

I love that look, when something catches there eye.

Awesome little coats. I have something similar but not as nice from Voyager.

This little guy is 72 pounds.
Ha! (5)72

View attachment 173175

I did some volunteer work with Pet Levrieri out of Italy a couple of years back. Here's their English site: https://www.petlevrieri.it/en/

Anywho, they concentrate on rescuing Greyhounds and ex-racers. One Christmas they gave me that coat you see there on the hound on the right(Shadow, or in Irish; Scáth - pronounced Skayit - whom was found after being hit by a car on a road nearby, he wasn't expected to live). It was made by an Italian designer, and is nicer than about any coat I own.

The one on the left is Fia Dubh(Fia Doov), Irish for dark deer. She was found wandering the woods of Nine Mile House in Kilkenny, deydrated and all bones, and brought in to the rescue I was working in at the time. She is a lurcher(non pedigreed hound), about the size of a large whippet. Far as we can tell, she may be crossed with a Patterdale. She s a very loving and kind creature that appreciates everything you do for her.

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So we've brought home this tiny little Whippet-like critter. Mebbe a cross between an Italian Greyhound and a Whippet, a Whiggie?Mebbe some sort of Whippet/terrier cross. Or maybe just a lil lurcher. We're not sure. He's maybe 15 pounds over all.

Poor lil dude is nearly all blind. Only really sees shadows. Occasionally bumps in to stuff. The vet says it's congenital and not cataracts, so naught can be done.

The story is my wife went in to the puppy enclosure at a friend's rescue in Waterford Ireland here. While she was distracted by the puppies jumping all about, this dude slowly crept towards her from the corner of a stall. Then the light caught his eyes and she realized it was a tiny blind whippet, and not a Greyhound puppy at all. The Travelers dumped him on the rescue because they live nearby. He's not very old. Our guess is he was used for breeding until they got a version of him they were happy with and didn't need to deal with the blindness anymore.

He's very quiet and calm, and loves whatever attention you can give him. After we took him to our local vet for another check up, as we were preparing to leave, he panicked when he heard the other hounds we have jump in to the car. He was desperately trying to get in so we wouldn't leave him. It was heart breaking to watch.

We're calling him Arlo. But, oft as not, we also call him little mouse.

168977300.MEHPqljx.arloa.jpg

168977302.SFWYzh3h.arloc.jpg

168977303.iluHM3XQ.arlod.jpg

168977305.a40juPzL.arlof.jpg

Cjone

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK MM [Randy!] In your honest opinion, what saw mods better and is a better saw in the end between the 372XPG or the 572XPG? I have been rerouted to this thread a couple of times. So I'll ask this here. CJ

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Moar dawgs!
Here's a photo from yesterday in Powerscourt woods, County Wicklow, Ireland.

The Pack

All lurchers, all rescues as well - Shadow(in the middle) found hit by a car on the street. Fia(on the right) in the woods near Nine Mile House, Kilkenny. Chloe(the hound on the left) in the woods of Gurteen in Waterford. And Arlo there in the foreground turned in by Travelers as a tiny, mostly blind lurcher.

169019387.oqzOZdJ5.DSC01138.jpg