Mastermind Meets The Husqvarna 572XP

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are the fallers thinking of the 572?

The guys that are using them seem to like them in the second growth, not many around here yet that have been ported. To be honest most guys are still running 390’s, 661’s and 461’s logging. Not a lot of 572’s and almost no 462’s because of a lack of getting a wrap handle here yet. I know of 6 guys that have put a considerable amount of time on the 572 and they have great things to say about them so far, not many issues with the saw at all and these guys really don’t take care of their gear lol.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The guys that are using them seem to like them in the second growth, not many around here yet that have been ported. To be honest most guys are still running 390’s, 661’s and 461’s logging. Not a lot of 572’s and almost no 462’s because of a lack of getting a wrap handle here yet. I know of 6 guys that have put a considerable amount of time on the 572 and they have great things to say about them so far, not many issues with the saw at all and these guys really don’t take care of their gear lol.
Copy. Are they cutting stuff similar to what we are cutting? Same sort of work environment?

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Copy. Are they cutting stuff similar to what we are cutting? Same sort of work environment?

Earlier this summer and fall we were cutting in basically the same sort of timber and terrain with some larger older growth patches. Most everything in our logging industry is on strike right now so logging has almost come to a complete halt. Most guys are either danger tree falling on pipelines, fall-n-burn for beetle kill or seismic line cutting right now. It’ll be a good test for these saws this winter especially doing the beetle kill, non stop in stupid temps and tons of snow. We’ll see how they hold up.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Earlier this summer and fall we were cutting in basically the same sort of timber and terrain with some larger older growth patches. Most everything in our logging industry is on strike right now so logging has almost come to a complete halt. Most guys are either danger tree falling on pipelines, fall-n-burn for beetle kill or seismic line cutting right now. It’ll be a good test for these saws this winter especially doing the beetle kill, non stop in stupid temps and tons of snow. We’ll see how they hold up.
Hopefully you guys have steady work at least. So most have been ran stock with a 28 or 32?

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully you guys have steady work at least. So most have been ran stock with a 28 or 32?

Probably split down the middle between the 28” and 32” on stock saws. The one I ran the most was my buddy Luke’s which had a 32” on it, it pulled it fairly well for a stock saw. I’m only aware of 2 ported 572’s around and both done by @Canadian farm boy for the same guy, I haven’t had a chance to try those yet. That guy is danger tree falling on a pipeline right now running 28” on both, he loves them. There may be more ported here, I’m just not aware of any others.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are the fallers thinking of the 572?

I have a customer who put over a million bf on one I built. It started acting odd once it was hot.....so he took it to his local dealer. Coil was breaking down. The dealer replaced the coil and carb and did it under warranty.

Now he's looking to put another million bf on it.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a customer who put over a million bf on one I built. It started acting odd once it was hot.....so he took it to his local dealer. Coil was breaking down. The dealer replaced the coil and carb and did it under warranty.

That's pretty epic. Word on the street is the husky dealers are replacing things quickly and without question. Instills confidence in the buyer.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
9:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few portraits of the lil blind wippet lurcher Arlo(Nikon 20mm AI on the SOny A7s):

169044303.cf407geu.DSC01617.jpg

169044304.QS5jRCVd.DSC01615.jpg

169044306.CF57SZrP.DSC01607.jpg

169044307.NskSML6Q.DSC01599.jpg
He looks nice and happy. A rescue?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hey randy, do you think he would let you inspect it after that much use? I would and I'm sure others would be very interested in your findings.