Let's See Them Chips !!!!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many batteries have you had, fail? I run the piss outta my Milwaukee 18v 1/2” impact, and also run the 4 1/2” angle grinder a lot also. Batteries are still top notch. Only Milwaukee item that’s ever failed for me, was the dual 18v/12v charger.
You need a charger?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many batteries have you had, fail? I run the piss outta my Milwaukee 18v 1/2” impact, and also run the 4 1/2” angle grinder a lot also. Batteries are still top notch. Only Milwaukee item that’s ever failed for me, was the dual 18v/12v charger.

My milwaukee impact has been perfect as well.

I'm always up to learn something from people that watch YouTube videos, though.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
None. The NiCds were reliable and lasted a long time, I haven't killed a lithium yet, and don't think I will. The tools have also been reliable which is why I still use them and was looking into a chainsaw. I was very surprised to see around 1,500 negative reviews for the 12ah, less for the 8ah but still a lot, and lots of people with denied warranties. The 6ah and lower had the usual great reviews.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
None. The NiCds were reliable and lasted a long time, I haven't killed a lithium yet, and don't think I will. The tools have also been reliable which is why I still use them and was looking into a chainsaw. I was very surprised to see around 1,500 negative reviews for the 12ah, less for the 8ah but still a lot, and lots of people with denied warranties. The 6ah and lower had the usual great reviews.
You realize the only people on the site are ones complaining from problems, usually the happy ones just go on being happy. Of the people complaining a certain percentage of them posted documents say when they bought ect but others didn’t. A percentage of the battery claims were probably denied on abuse and probably rightfully so, I’ve seen some pretty ugly tools and batteries. Last thing is 1500 complaints isn’t *s-word compared to what they sell. If you looked on line and based all your purchases on reviews you’ll never buy anything.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
How many of those 1500 negative reviews were AI bots🤔

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly. Your batteries are fine. My batteries are fine. Everyone else’s batteries on this site with firsthand experience are fine. You basically created an argument, that’s baseless, from “customer reviews”, which by now most everyone knows not to pay attention to. That’s a mark against your credibility here, IMO… Take it for what it is.

Edit: anyone can read reviews. Sometimes I do on a product I’m unfamiliar with. But I always read with caution. Because it’s widely known, an unhappy customer will tell an average of 12 people, while a happy customer will usually only tell 3. Exactly why negative reviews are always much higher in number than positive reviews.

Last edited:

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You realize the only people on the site are ones complaining from problems, usually the happy ones just go on being happy. Of the people complaining a certain percentage of them posted documents say when they bought ect but others didn’t. A percentage of the battery claims were probably denied on abuse and probably rightfully so, I’ve seen some pretty ugly tools and batteries. Last thing is 1500 complaints isn’t *s-word compared to what they sell. If you looked on line and based all your purchases on reviews you’ll never buy anything.
Usually I'd agree with you on the points you made because that often is the case, but this time it was unique to the 8ah and 12ah batteries, which was unusual. Warranty denials were most often without any explanation, like the example I posted a picture of, and they're protected from damage in the chainsaw which is where a lot of complaints stemmed from.

Exactly. Your batteries are fine. My batteries are fine. Everyone else’s batteries on this site with firsthand experience are fine. You basically created an argument, that’s baseless, from “customer reviews”, which by now most everyone knows not to pay attention to. That’s a mark against your credibility here, IMO… Take it for what it is.
The reviews were on the OEM site, and that much negativity is usually the sign of a problem. Even with the remaining reviews those two batteries are rated poorly from introduction to now, and it doesn't look like MKE addressed the issues. My tools are actually great, that's not the issue I'm mentioning people might want to be aware of before buying a chainsaw because I haven't seen this before from Milwaukee.

A friend who worked at Milwaukee Electric Tool as an exec. described the changes after the buyout, and the focus shifted to profit above all else. Eventually he left due to overseas management's negative view of both employees and customers. Different areas have different managers, the farther from offshore one is the better the working conditions from what I understand from the people I know who still work there.

Like I said, I live in Milwaukee, own their tools, know a bunch of people who work there, and know about batteries due to owning a bunch of expensive ones and high-end chargers including for R/C helicopters and wanting to get the most out of them. The reviews on Milwaukee's own site are also elsewhere like Redit and other tool sites. Detailed videos of the electrical problems are on YouTube. I would think that unless members are swimming in money they might want to know about the batteries the saw primarily uses have a few design issues and they might want to at least keep track of their receipts.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Usually I'd agree with you on the points you made because that often is the case, but this time it was unique to the 8ah and 12ah batteries, which was unusual. Warranty denials were most often without any explanation, like the example I posted a picture of, and they're protected from damage in the chainsaw which is where a lot of complaints stemmed from.

The reviews were on the OEM site, and that much negativity is usually the sign of a problem. Even with the remaining reviews those two batteries are rated poorly from introduction to now, and it doesn't look like MKE addressed the issues. My tools are actually great, that's not the issue I'm mentioning people might want to be aware of before buying a chainsaw because I haven't seen this before from Milwaukee.

A friend who worked at Milwaukee Electric Tool as an exec. described the changes after the buyout, and the focus shifted to profit above all else. Eventually he left due to overseas management's negative view of both employees and customers. Different areas have different managers, the farther from offshore one is the better the working conditions from what I understand from the people I know who still work there.

Like I said, I live in Milwaukee, own their tools, know a bunch of people who work there, and know about batteries due to owning a bunch of expensive ones and high-end chargers including for R/C helicopters and wanting to get the most out of them. The reviews on Milwaukee's own site are also elsewhere like Redit and other tool sites. Detailed videos of the electrical problems are on YouTube. I would think that unless members are swimming in money they might want to know about the batteries the saw primarily uses have a few design issues and they might want to at least keep track of their receipts.
did you throw him down and suck his dick to get attention from him or is that just how you are with the guys ?

i need to know if i need to throw all my milwaukee stuff away or wait for new stuff to come out

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Edit: anyone can read reviews. Sometimes I do on a product I’m unfamiliar with. But I always read with caution. Because it’s widely known, an unhappy customer will tell an average of 12 people, while a happy customer will usually only tell 3. Exactly why negative reviews are always much higher in number than positive reviews.
Another thought on reviews, try to read the most recent first. Just in case there have been revisions in the product, once in a while manufactures do change what's inside the packaging without changing a model number.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thought on reviews, try to read the most recent first. Just in case there have been revisions in the product, once in a while manufactures do change what's inside the packaging without changing a model number.
Agreed.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm fairly certain the bulk of online reviews are posted by pretentious virgins sitting in their grandma's basement gorging on pizza rolls and giving themselves awards for being internet commandos and have very limited to no experience with the product they are actually reviewing.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm fairly certain the bulk of online reviews are posted by pretentious virgins sitting in their grandma's basement gorging on pizza rolls and giving themselves awards for being internet commandos and have very limited to no experience with the product they are actually reviewing.
i can see @Brad Krause being that way

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
40 plus percent of consumers will run into fake reviews. As in completely made up by bots. Seems like a stupid idea to start an argument over fake reviews of products with which you don’t have any first hand knowledge, and then continue to argue the point when you’re clearly wrong. 🤷🏼‍♂️