Let's See Them Chips !!!!

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
40 plus percent of consumers will run into fake reviews. As in completely made up by bots. Seems like a stupid idea to start an argument over fake reviews of products with which you don’t have any first hand knowledge, and then continue to argue the point when you’re clearly wrong. 🤷🏼‍♂️
One of my best friends from high school bought the Milwaukee chainsaws a big and smaller one for his construction businesses and uses the *s-word out of them not one complaint. In fact all of his cordless tools are Milwaukee snd he has no issues with anything tool wise or the huge multiple battery charger he has. Stuff is used every day year round doing carpentry.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
has anyone made new chips out of the batteries?

the end of the world is coming so maybe we need to
After you consider the pillow packs junk for general useage and ya like fire, I've experimented a bit.

In a former employment our department had easy access to many of what you are calling pillow packs, most likely a Li-poly design. Their weak point is they will heat more during high discharge events and expand/puff up.

So the chip making begins. Open the case, and place outside before continuing in a open area, puncture one of the Li-poly packs (we used exacto knives to do the puncture) and watch the runaway reaction, once started it's very difficult to stop. It will spread to all cells it will be a runaway chain reaction.

It shouldn't need to be said but don't breath the fumes.

Last edited:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After you consider the pillow packs junk for general useage and ya like fire, I've experimented a bit.

In a former employment our department had easy access to many of what you are calling pillow packs, most likely a Li-poly design. Their weak point is they will heat more during high discharge events and expand/puff up.

So the chip making begins. Open the case, and place outside before in a open area, puncture one of the Li-poly packs (we used exacto knives to do the puncture) and watch the runaway reaction, once started it's very difficult to stop. It will spread to all cells it will be a runaway chain reaction.

It shouldn't need to be said but don't breath the fumes.
so what the guru said is pure *B-S.... ?

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One more thing about the runaway reaction. A higher charge level will produce a more satisfying reaction to watch.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Somehow, just ‘discovering’ this thread.

I’ll throw some old photos up, even though they are not from ‘real’ chain (Oregon PowerSharp), or made with ‘real’ chainsaws (Oregon battery, or Makita corded electric).

Crosscuting ‘green’ (storm damaged) silver maple:
IMG_5141.jpeg

Crosscutting ftozen ash:
IMG_5828.jpeg

‘Noodling’ silver maple (down a couple of months?):
IMG_5483.jpeg

Philbert

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm fairly certain the bulk of online reviews are posted by pretentious virgins sitting in their grandma's basement gorging on pizza rolls and giving themselves awards for being internet commandos and have very limited to no experience with the product they are actually reviewing.

And black trans women.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No comment!
I may offend some snowflakes feelings.

I guess, go ahead and enjoy each others panties?! :thinking:

That's what I been saying, and Mastermind really needs to get in on the fun.

If you don’t wear any then others can’t enjoy them

You suck.

I’ve got some old underwear full of wood chips. I’d sell them to one of you boys for the right price.
I’ll even twist them up to match your other ones.

Hawt.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As good as it gets bucking Turkey Oak, though I am sure some people may want to argue about that claim.
This loop was biting hard, Dolmar 099 (Oregon somethin-somethin) chain, on my Dolmar PS-6100 CE.
Fresh round ground, gullets cleaned and rakers set.

IMG_20240326_135513.jpg

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made a few chips today...mat take 3 days to recover, lol.
Dropped about a dozen. Operator had pushed the others over already...he needed help with the ones next to the power lines...teamwork 😁
Going to the firewood yard just up the road...Cottonwood or Poplar, bucked to 20'.
1000003648.jpg1000003649.jpg

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My whole body hurt...600mg of Ibuprofen shut some of that down

My mind says I can do what I did in my 20s. My 66yr old body, however, has other ideas.
I'll hit it again tomorrow 🤣