Inside the MS462C

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to hear some input from the design team, not marketing, as to what their intent/target audience for this saw was or what the build criteria was. To me it seems like they set out to build the best 20" bar saw available. And going by bar length, not cc, that gives it a very broad range of saws to compare with. It's for the many guys around here that run a 440/460 with a 20" bar to cut firewood with and have a 28" bar laying around for the occasional big-un. Now they can have that same power with less weight. Seems like a win-win. Or the professional arborist who is looking for a new midsize saw. Its going to be hard to not notice the 60cc class weight and 70cc class power. I think it will be a major hit with everyone but those who shop strictly on price. If you use a saw for a living, price should be the very last consideration when buying a saw. In the scheme of a saws life, the purchase price is minimal compared to the revenue it can produce. I don't see this being the next legendary PNW saw but I've been wrong before. I'm betting it sells very well in the eastern part of the US.

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
4:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The MS 500i will be the next legendary saw.
We have a customer who is in the official Stihl championship team and they already had a chance to use this beast.
He tried the MS 462 for some days and was very disappointed.