GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
9:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried using gloves Gary:cbiggrin:

I always wear gloves but when I was younger I was a competitive nordic/ biathlon skier. We would be on snow for 3 or 4 hours at a time as cold as -30C. I have one finger that the tip starts to go white with the slightest bit of cold...

Last edited:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In Germany we don’t get wrap handel saws

Here is the weird thing I find with wraps. Most of Europe doesn't use wraps. The USA doesn't offer Arctic saws. In Canada our only options for heated handles on a 661 is wrap version. I can't see them doing that just for the Canadian market so where else in the world would an Arctic wrap sell?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is the weird thing I find with wraps. Most of Europe doesn't use wraps. The USA doesn't offer Arctic saws. In Canada our only options for heated handles on a 661 is wrap version. I can't see them doing that just for the Canadian market so where else in the world would an Arctic wrap sell?
Maybe Canada is the coldest market for Stihl?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Much of Nortern Europe and Russia would be as cold or colder. The bulk of our forestry happens in climes that are not unlike Northern U.S. areas.
I was told Canada is colder than any were in Europe and Russia? There still using cross cuts saws in Russia lol.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother has an arctic 460 w/o wrap handle??? No longer avail???

I'll bet Canada and Pacific NW are the same market, and PNW is heated wrap handle territory!

I don't want a wrap handle because I often have to stump close to the ground, and in Tax Season I have no time to cut, so no need for an arctic saw.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just used my 460 wrap to stump 2 days ago. I couldnt figure out why it was cutting 2 inches away from where I wanted to cut. When I pulled up the saw, I then realized my dilemma. LOL
I gotta go back with a saw that has a regular handle and level out the stump.
My bad. [emoji3]

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish arctic packages were available in the NE

It makes no sense to me that Stihl USA doesn't bring in any Arctics.

My brother has an arctic 460 w/o wrap handle??? No longer avail???

I'll bet Canada and Pacific NW are the same market, and PNW is heated wrap handle territory!

I don't want a wrap handle because I often have to stump close to the ground, and in Tax Season I have no time to cut, so no need for an arctic saw.

Mike, I won't be an obtuse a$$ and say of course it isn't available any more it's a 460...

I will say that the 461 is available with heated handles in both wrap and standard handle.

The 661 not so much, only heated wraps...

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It makes no sense to me that Stihl USA doesn't bring in any Arctics.

Mike, I won't be an obtuse a$$ and say of course it isn't available any more it's a 460...

I will say that the 461 is available with heated handles in both wrap and standard handle.

The 661 not so much, only heated wraps...

My 661 is arctic and I'm spoiled with it this time of year, making my 064 heated is not cost affective lol

I asked the rep at work once and he said that Northeast had once had arctic an model however due to price and the demand it took forever to go through a pallet of them to sell,

I responded by saying, okay how about just grabbing me one lol, more than willing to pay for heated handles.

Real men don't use gloves, they use heated handles lol

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
We can’t get wrap handles in oz either standard from Stihl :(