I’m back, kinda.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi guys. Been a rough couple months. Going to the Dr. tomorrow for hopefully the last visit for a long time. On the days I was able to function I spent my time getting as much wood ready as I could for those not able to and make sure they would have heat this winter and be able to buy food. With inflation there are a lot of hurting elderly people. I managed to deliver 24 cords for 5 families this year. Trouble was I was totally exhausted every day. On the days I couldn’t “work” I sat around like a zombie, had very poor mental capabilities on those days. However the LORD provided all the wood I needed, the equipment I needed and enough strength to get it done.

BK13

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know how being wiped out at the end of a day feels. I cut a decent amount of wood last summer, but I had to take more frequent breaks than I was used to. After I passed out on a construction site at my real job, I found out I was anemic due to some gut issues. Once I got the bad stuff roto-rootered out, I feel better than I've felt in ages.

Good to see you back. Even if only kinda.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@BK13 can you elaborate? Sometimes I feel fine and sometimes I’m wrung out for no apparent raisin. Best I can figure is something I’m eating.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
@BK13 can you elaborate? Sometimes I feel fine and sometimes I’m wrung out for no apparent raisin. Best I can figure is something I’m eating.
Apple a day, keeps the doctor away. True story.
Even better, I do a shot of apple cider/vinegar. Supposed to do that at night before bed.
Flush yourself out and watch your nutrition.

Edit: make that organic cider/vinegar.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi guys. Been a rough couple months. Going to the Dr. tomorrow for hopefully the last visit for a long time. On the days I was able to function I spent my time getting as much wood ready as I could for those not able to and make sure they would have heat this winter and be able to buy food. With inflation there are a lot of hurting elderly people. I managed to deliver 24 cords for 5 families this year. Trouble was I was totally exhausted every day. On the days I couldn’t “work” I sat around like a zombie, had very poor mental capabilities on those days. However the LORD provided all the wood I needed, the equipment I needed and enough strength to get it done.
God bless you brother. You will be in my prayers.

BK13

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Sure. For the last couple of years, I was getting winded really easily. I was loading a truck with some pretty decent sized oak rounds, and could only get a couple in the truck before I was getting light headed and had to take a break. I just thought it was a result of passing 50. But, when I was at work a little Later, I was staking some light poles... hardly strenuous work... and I started getting light headed again, so I went back to my van, grabbed a Gatorade out of the back of the van, went to sit down in the drivers seat, and ended up on my face. Got loaded into the ambulance, hauled to OHSU, and poked and prodded for a couple days. Blood test said I was anemic. Let me tell you, the endoscopy was FAR worse than the anal probe. Found a 6" long mass in my intestines. They cut three holes and one 4" slit in my belly to yank the potentially cancerous tissue out. Luckily, my oncologist said I had a minimally decreased success rate if I didn't do chemo (94% versus 92%) so I skipped feeling like crap after treatments.

I don't like doctors as much as the next guy, but if you're having issues like mine, GET IT CHECKED OUT!

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apple a day, keeps the doctor away. True story.
Even better, I do a shot of apple cider/vinegar. Supposed to do that at night before bed.
Flush yourself out and watch your nutrition.

Edit: make that organic cider/vinegar.

Kombucha is also a good way to get good bacteria into our guts. Basically, anything fermented. People used to make and eat ferment foods all the time.