High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

IEL-Pioneer thread

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
2:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Congrats that saw is in great shape. I can't believe how clean it is.
Apparently it was restored at one point and a museum owner used it for cutting during shows are something like that. Pretty cool anyhow....been sitting on the shelf awhile though....but the compression feels pretty good.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When painting the RA saws there was at least 4 different shades of yellow used during their production run, maybe more so it is only possible to get a close match by having the paint custom matched and mixed at a competent auto paint outlet. When I did the restore on the RA in the picts below it has the lightest shade they used in Peterborough as far as I had ever seen, this is a custom mix was made by our industrial paint supplier.

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3520.JPG

IMG_3498

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When painting the RA saws there was at least 4 different shades of yellow used during their production run, maybe more so it is only possible to get a close match by having the paint custom matched and mixed at a competent auto paint outlet. When I did the restore on the RA in the picts below it has the lightest shade they used in Peterborough as far as I had ever seen, this is a custom mix was made by our industrial paint supplier.

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3520.JPG

IMG_3498
Good to know, don't want to get to crazy with mine as I want to have fun with it as well so I'll take a piece in and get the closest color I can find off the shelf. Mine seems darker.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 5 RA`s and the other 4 are all darker yellow with one having a distinct orange tint to it, like a sun bleached oranges on a tree.
Have you ran any of them in awhile?

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ran any of them in awhile?
Been about 2 years since I had the RA`s out for any serious wood cutting, hope to take about 40 - 45 of the old vintage saws out next summer to get some new picts, many new ones I did not have when the last photo session was done.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been about 2 years since I had the RA`s out for any serious wood cutting, hope to take about 40 - 45 of the old vintage saws out next summer to get some new picts, many new ones I did not have when the last photo session was done.
Cool looking forward to more pics from your collection. Have you been messing with the large p series at all?

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My P62 and BP655 have been built and running for about 5 years now, fine specimens of their time.

images
Was that p62 a boost port? I thought I remembered something of that sort from the other Pioneer thread.