High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I want a roof over my mill

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
5:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
A house that nice needs someone with a chainsaw to trim those trees back. They rot the roof off. Pic before this one.

stihl saws

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I couldnt buy the square when I was looking.
I feel your pain. Lowe's seems to change what head type they carry monthly. Now they are Torx head fans. They seem fine, but where did the square drive go?

junkman

Crush it
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang thats got to be salty!
Some people from Ohio i think were having it built for a retirement home ,that is Victoria Canada across the water ,Hell of a view up there ,all the goods coming and going to china from Seattle use those waterways .

junkman

Crush it
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel your pain. Lowe's seems to change what head type they carry monthly. Now they are Torx head fans. They seem fine, but where did the square drive go?
The square drive i use look like # 3 phillips head ,and the square fits the center ,just happen to have one on my desk
CIMG7613.JPG

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The square drives were junk once you got up to a 4" screw. They'd strip out every time, let alone if you had to remove them. Then they came out with one that used Phillips or square. Then they came out with one that used a phillips/square combo bit that would strip if you used either a phillips or a square bit...had to use the combo bit.

I use 100 lbs or so of torx drive screws per year. And I reuse some of them 4 or 5 times. I really like them. I wish the dood who invented phillips screws and square drive screws would have kept thinking about it a bit longer.

stihl saws

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They can sell more bits if switch to torx ,the torx actually grab pretty good
Exactly, it's all about selling stuff. Not about what works. Torx work fine, but how many bits can they come up with? It's ridiculous. We're just trying to put a screw in a hole. And whoever invented the slot head screw needs kicked in the nuts.

dave53223

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are these worth a crap ? or do they splinter the ends like a reg chainsaw ? Hooks to the skillsaw
prazi_pr2700_1.jpg
They splinter like a chain saw. It is hard to cut square and straight with the thing. The bar wants to wander back and forth when starting a cut.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The square drives were junk once you got up to a 4" screw. They'd strip out every time, let alone if you had to remove them. Then they came out with one that used Phillips or square. Then they came out with one that used a phillips/square combo bit that would strip if you used either a phillips or a square bit...had to use the combo bit.

I use 100 lbs or so of torx drive screws per year. And I reuse some of them 4 or 5 times. I really like them. I wish the dood who invented phillips screws and square drive screws would have kept thinking about it a bit longer.

Nailed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly, it's all about selling stuff. Not about what works. Torx work fine, but how many bits can they come up with? It's ridiculous. We're just trying to put a screw in a hole. And whoever invented the slot head screw needs kicked in the nuts.

I really like the torx, just like a fine thread bolt more area to hold torque.