paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably one of these.

Yes we use one of those. Rough cut with a chainsaw. Those makita's are hard to keep square. Base plate instead wide enough in my opinion. But we make it work when we need to. Oftentimes we are adjusting cuts anyways cuz the timbers aren't true square...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are these worth a crap ? or do they splinter the ends like a reg chainsaw ? Hooks to the skillsaw
prazi_pr2700_1.jpg

Never tried one. Most of my work is fine finish. Figured it would splinter too. But we've cut some funky compound angles with a jig and a chainsaw when we need to.

Last edited:

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I thought the square drive screws were pretty slick when they came out. The t27s are really nice with an impact.
I really liked the square drive myself.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plus I might learn a thing or two from you...

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was a tough one to frame. Had to use a crane to set the ridge pole, but aside from that we manhandled the roof.

I should have taken more pics over the years, but I didn't think about it really.

Lots of tricky angles there and tough lines to keep straight! Not for the average carpenter. The kind of stuff I love! If I'm not thinking, I'm not learning. And I get bored fast.

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This was a tough one to frame. Had to use a crane to set the ridge pole, but aside from that we manhandled the roof.

I should have taken more pics over the years, but I didn't think about it really.

Wow! Nice!

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I took pictures of the trickier stuff. Old timber frames and such. Helps to have a little portfolio to show the prospects. Usually ended a string of nervous questions.