High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I killed my Tree Monkey 066 in 6 cuts

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I admit, I'm surprised that type of thing isn't more common. It's so easy to roach a saw... My last screamer came to me from the builder and wouldn't 4stroke at all, pretty lean outta the box. H & L took a good bit of tuning to get it dialed in.

My 1st ported saw (by Dan H.) I have not touched the carb. No need as of yet... It runs tried and true every time.
I haven't touched my Dan Henry 372 since he built it 3-4 years ago. It always sounds great. Lol.

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you Jason, I look forward to your video. I saw a good one on YouTube where the guy intentionally tuned lean, then fat and killed the saw and restarted it so he could explain at different points.

I feel like the low screw is more obvious. The last saw I tuned before this one had an air leak so I really struggled. This 066 had good throttle response so I felt like the low was good. It also burbled at WOT out of the wood but not in the wood. I felt this was also good for the high but I will check with tach in the future. I was told this saw likes 13.3k.

I put the saw in the mail today and it should arrive at Scott's on monday. He says he'll let me know what he finds. A few posts on here tell me the findings are to be between me and him. Is it polite protocol to leave the details behind and just post a video and thumbs up once I get it back? I just don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you Jason, I look forward to your video. I saw a good one on YouTube where the guy intentionally tuned lean, then fat and killed the saw and restarted it so he could explain at different points.

I feel like the low screw is more obvious. The last saw I tuned before this one had an air leak so I really struggled. This 066 had good throttle response so I felt like the low was good. It also burbled at WOT out of the wood but not in the wood. I felt this was also good for the high but I will check with tach in the future. I was told this saw likes 13.3k.

I put the saw in the mail today and it should arrive at Scott's on monday. He says he'll let me know what he finds. A few posts on here tell me the findings are to be between me and him. Is it polite protocol to leave the details behind and just post a video and thumbs up once I get it back? I just don't want to ruffle any feathers.
Yes

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at the piston pic damage, I am not sure the first thing that comes to mind is operator error lean sieze/straight gas. It looks like the cylinder has ingested something (bearing cage etc) and caused havoc. I wonder if the muffler rattles when shaken.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at the piston pic damage, I am not sure the first thing that comes to mind is operator error lean sieze/straight gas. It looks like the cylinder has ingested something (bearing cage etc) and caused havoc. I wonder if the muffler rattles when shaken.
Somethin like that, (bearing cage or foreign object) isn't usually centrally located over the ex. Port. I could be wrong, but it looks like it hung.
*s-word happens

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Leave it up to Scott. It's his creation. He will probably come on here and let us know anyways. He is a fantastic builder, this mishap, whatever caused it doesn't take away from that. The fact that he is making it right means everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Leave it up to Scott. It's his creation. He will probably come on here and let us know anyways. He is a fantastic builder, this mishap, whatever caused it doesn't take away from that. The fact that he is making it right means everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Scott was to tell us, it would probly be in the form of a riddle. o_O

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it polite protocol to leave the details behind and just post a video and thumbs up once I get it back? I just don't want to ruffle any feathers.

First let me say welcome to OPE!

I would talk with the builder about sharing what happened on the phone or in PMs. He may prefer to explain it himself to the general public.

You have been very respectful and understanding and proof cooler heads will prevail.
:campeon:

I think in situations like this it's important to leave the communication between the two parties involved.

I also feel that if you reached roadblocks or your get burned by any member that a few key private messages to some respected members that maybe able to help you wouldn't be wrong.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not me. I have a nasty reputation as a cruel dude. They say I am ruthless. They say that I'm crude. But we had one thing in common, we were good in bed. She said faster faster, Brush Ape the lights are turnin' red.
Hog [emoji12]

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Question on saw pistons. I though they were made like automotive pistons and have the wrist pin offset slightly for thrust. And couldn't be ran backwards. Am I wrong?