How's Your Aim?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That vid circulated FB a while back. Doesn't get much better.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
11:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Never had one go backwards on me yet as I avoid those tree's that tend to want to as best I can. Never have felled one where I didn't want it to land though. lol But you sure as heck won't see me doing THAT! LOL!

DELETED (Struggle)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That is always a great video to watch but I doubt few would attempt this with another persons property. The loss of a home would far exceed the money saved by taking a tree down like that if it all went wrong. I won't gamble with another persons home like that. I don't care how skilled a person may be. I'm not up for risk like that.

Wish we knew if the other buildings were ok if it didn't go so well.

Sent from somewhere

B

Backyard Lumberjack

That is always a great video to watch but I doubt few would attempt this with another persons property. The loss of a home would far exceed the money saved by taking a tree down like that if it all went wrong. I won't gamble with another persons home like that. I don't care how skilled a person may be. I'm not up for risk like that. Wish we knew if the other buildings were ok if it didn't go so well. Sent from somewhere

he did seem to have a bit of a cavalier attitude now, didn't he! ?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I take down quite a few trees in tight places but ALWAYS rope them and pull them if its falling in an unplanned direction would create a problem. In a residential situation, it's unusual to have more than a limited target area to fall a tree. Ropes and wedges are my close friends when taking down trees.