Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
2:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It came in a shipment of 10 double bits last year and I put it aside
Then I was searching through the latest shipment I had come in and I remembered this head and put it next too that handle and it was love at 1st sight
Will have photos of the finished axe tomorrow

Last edited:

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s wrong what they charge , like your thinking on the Alaskan mill
I only wanted too go through there offcut pile and eye up some pieces that was suitable for this axe addiction but they wanted same prices as furtinure timber and at the end of the day these short offcuts would be probably cut up by workers for firewood anyways
I need to get my slacking ass In gear back in Summer of 2016 I bought a brand new woodland mills WC88 wood chipper and a brand new woodland mills HM130 bandsaw mill with track extension and 10 spare blades and road legal trailer too fix it on I haven’t even unboxed the bandsaw mill
The woodchipper I’ve worked and worked it and it’s earnt its money back paid for itself and the bandsaw mill I was going too sell the complete bandsaw outfit and get a logosol m8 but now I see the board ft prices I might think again about gett8ng it set up
Keep the bandsaw mill. They're faster and less labor-intensive than a chainsaw mill. Also less waste.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep the bandsaw mill. They're faster and less labor-intensive than a chainsaw mill. Also less waste.

Absolutely, if I had the money I would’ve gotten a bandsaw mill rather than gear up for a chainsaw mill. Having an excuse to buy a 394XP was convenient though:)

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I think your right it would be stupid too move it on
My Granberg has been great but I mainly use it for large logs and a few projects here and there. Hope my comment didn't sound rude. I just think you'd regret selling the bandmill for a chainsaw mill.

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely, if I had the money I would’ve gotten a bandsaw mill rather than gear up for a chainsaw mill. Having an excuse to buy a 394XP was convenient though:)
I know the feeling. I'll have a bandmill someday too. Too many toys and never enough cash!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Spoken like the true chainsawaholic. LMAO

I’m good with it:D

I know the feeling. I'll have a bandmill someday too. Too many toys and never enough cash!

Truth! One good thing about paying so much for that lumber the other day is now my wife is 100% supportive of my milling venture. Although I think she still wonders why I couldn’t use my 288 to mill with. CAD is a deceitful demon...lol!!!!

Group therapy at its finest!

Yes sir! But therapy indictates a problem, I don’t see a problem:)

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m good with it:D

Truth! One good thing about paying so much for that lumber the other day is now my wife is 100% supportive of my milling venture. Although I think she still wonders why I couldn’t use my 288 to mill with. CAD is a deceitful demon...lol!!!!

Yes sir! But therapy indictates a problem, I don’t see a problem:)
Very true. My girlfriend doesn't quite understand my fascination with tools, saws etc. but she doesn't bust my chops. I could be doing much worse things with my time and money.