Hand Making Axe Handles

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
3:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very true. My girlfriend doesn't quite understand my fascination with tools, saws etc. but she doesn't bust my chops. I could be doing much worse things with my time and money.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Absolutely, personally I think doing nothing is worse than a goofy chainsaw hobby. At least the saws help keep my house warm in the winter...when I piss rev all of them in the kitchen. Lol. Jk

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Granberg has been great but I mainly use it for large logs and a few projects here and there. Hope my comment didn't sound rude. I just think you'd regret selling the bandmill for a chainsaw mill.

No my friend not rude at all , been thinking a lot about this over Christmas and Iam keeping it especially now with all this talk about different types of wood for axe handles
And I’ve got the machine too cut it no brainier

I know what would happen if it was sold there would be a logosol m8 arrive
100% then there would defiantely be echo cs-1201 from Malaysia then maybe a 394/395 and probably a solo 681 hybrid then money gone no better off

Last edited:

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely, personally I think doing nothing is worse than a goofy chainsaw hobby. At least the saws help keep my house warm in the winter...when I piss rev all of them in the kitchen. Lol. Jk

Yeah I like bringing stuff in the kitchen too

heritageguy20051

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah been thinking a lot about this over Christmas and Iam keeping it especially now with all this talk about different types of wood for axe handles
And I’ve got the machine too cut it no brainier

I know what would happen if it was sold there would be a logosol m8 arrive
100% then there would defiantely be echo cs-1201 from Malaysia then maybe a 394/395 and probably a solo 681 hybrid then money gone no better off
Lol. This chainsaw stuff is a slippery slope! If I only bought stuff I needed, I wouldn't have much.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing Shaun. The harder the wood, the more vibration sent through the handle.
I was wondering about side-to-side sway. I bet the grains stacked on end are very strong.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing Shaun. The harder the wood, the more vibration sent through the handle.
I was wondering about side-to-side sway. I bet the grains stacked on end are very strong.

No doubt, that oriented strand bamboo is tough stuff. I put it in my new house and was surprise when 18 gauge nails turned about face on the surface and stuck in the drywall. I had to predrill and hand nail the first 2 courses.

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No doubt, that oriented strand bamboo is tough stuff. I put it in my new house and was surprise when 18 gauge nails turned about face on the surface and stuck in the drywall. I had to predrill and hand nail the first 2 courses.

Yeah I know what you mean that stuff is nearly bulletproof
If you look at the head you’ll see a angled line I thought I would put in a flat metal wedge forgot about no grain and second hit wedge broke in half and whizzed past my ear the rest is in the top lodged well like a spent bullet
C01B00C9-4C11-452A-809A-0B26DAE956DF.jpeg