Fell off the Wagon. Oops!

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it's a 3.7 but wouldn't bet money on it yet. Some day I'll go through them and see what I have. I literally have not pulled any of them over. Just made the deal and loaded them up.

I don’t doubt you a bit Mr. H, it just looks bigger on this phone.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the Mac is a 2-10. Not even sure what that is. Heard of it but not sure if it's a different size or a different series. Mac made so many iterations of the 10 series saws it's almost comical.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the 2-10, it seems to be in pretty good cosmetic condition but pulled over hard. Might be locked up (or full of mud daubers, who knows)
I'll probably part this one out or sell it whole as a parts saw.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pulled the Craftsman 3.7 out of the array and checked it over. The piston/cylinder look pristine. Appears to have low hours and is in very good cosmetic condition. Fuel line looks pretty recent. Fueled it up with fresh fuel after dumping out some old stuff. Fired up. Was WAY out of tune. Got it dialed in better and it idled nice for a while and then quit. Didn't mess with it after that. Probably has some crud in it. This saw appeared to be the most recent one run. Most of the others have a thick layer of crud on them and this one didn't. Also, it was in a different location than the rest of the saws. The chain is really dull (rocked) so that will need to visit the grinder.
This one will get tested and put up for sale. I'll probably try it locally before listing it here. Shipping saws is so expensive nowadays it's hardly worth it for anything but "special" saws.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pulled the P-26 Pioneer out of the heap. Did some triage on it. The spark plug wire is buggered up. I got a shock from it but can't seem to get the plug to fire. The best I can tell the cylinder looks ok. I pulled the convoluted muffler off and looked into the cylinder best I could. It was a limited view but seemed ok. Saw has compression. It's missing the air filter and cover. Everything else seems to be there but never having had one not sure how it's supposed to be configured. Seems to be in ok physical condition. No bar or chain. (that I know of)
I don't know anything about this saw as far as size or performance. Seems fairly small. Maybe 50cc class? This I would call a builder or parts saw.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dug into the McCulloch 2-10 today. It appears to be in good physical condition. Best I can tell, everything but the bar and chain is present. (including the air filter, air filter cover and chain guide plates)
This saw had the recoil rope hanging out about 10" so I pulled on it and it seemed to be locked up. On further investigation, it would pull over but was hard to pull and had a scraping sound. Not good. Well, as I started taking things off to investigate further, I determined that the problem was when someone put the clutch cover/recoil back on without the bar, they snugged it down and thus it was binding up. It turns over easily now. Runs with mix in the carb. The fuel system is intact and seems to be in good order. This saw will be a runner. May need some carb attention. I'm going to sell it as a powerhead only.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went back to the shop after some lunch and went through a bunch more saws. All of the ones I could turn over (complete saws) ran on prime into the carb. Here's what I have looked at this afternoon:
Homelite SXL, parts only, stripped plug, missing carb and top handle
Homelite XL-12 times 3. All run on prime
Homelite Super XL-12 (blue). runs on prime
Homelite Super XL Automatic runs on prime
Homelite XL-2 Automatic (double trigger version) runs on prime
Homelite Super EZ Automatic runs on prime
Homelite EZ (Blue) runs on prime
Homelite 150 (missing starter so I couldn't test it. Otherwise complete)
If anyone is interested in any of these, let me know and I'll post it up in the classifieds. (Almost all of these saws are very dirty from sitting for years, I have not detailed them).