Fell off the Wagon. Oops!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I was doing really well in my CAD recovery program. In fact I have been gradually clearing things out of my workshop in an attempt to make it a more friendly work environment. I've taken a few chainsaws in on trade towards another one but haven't actually purchased one outright for a long time (many months)
Then today I suffered a relapse.
When I got home, Groundi asked, "Did you buy a bunch of stuff?" Me: "Yes", Then she said; "Why?" Me: "Because it was there." Then she asks; "What are you going to do with it?" Me: "I don't know, maybe sell it or something..." Her, "Where are you going to put it?" Me; "I don't know".
I really need to work on the rationalization aspect of this kind of thing. Was just too out of practice.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This pic shows more details of some interesting (to me) items. 3.7 Craftsman Countervibe (Poulan), a Mac with a cut off wheel on it, the first Pioneer I've ever owned, and last but not least most of a Homelite 150. I always thought the 150 was a sleek looking saw but never had one. Most of the saws are older Homelites.
upload_2018-4-1_23-2-50.jpeg

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hadn’t bought a saw in months, then I spent a little too much on an 044 a couple weeks ago, thinking it would be a quick flip... well, it turns out it has a broken crank. Someone kindly sent me a crank, but it needs a whole rebuild now.

:(

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Meh, there's a whole lot a space on that floor for a couple dozen more saws.

Next time just say they keep the floor from getting dirty!
Fixed it for ya. No floor space left.
f13727a5b135734dbc0eacaa8e7f6a5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The reason there is (was) room on the floor of the shop is due to the fact that I just rolled a very large truck out of there. Now my hoist is blocked off again.
I'll go through the saws and at least note the model numbers and a brief description/triage and then start stashing them somewhere. I expect I'll sell most of these as parts saws. None of them have been run in the three years and some for probably a decade or two. (got them from an estate). There's 10 complete saws and 7 powerheads. Some are missing parts. Got three scabbards (always handy) and 3 loose bars. Oh, and 14 misc chains. Some probably fit the bars that don't have chains. Just haven't had any "hobby time" lately as we've been busy with our rental property refurbishment projects. Many of these models are "new to me" as I was never really into Homelites.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A Red Bow bar would match my black one. Yea the black one, not the green one. I must resist. Must go away now.
I see bow bars advertised locally for ridiculous prices. I realize they're becoming more difficult to find and thus the prices go up but $200? That's nuts. If it shows up on here for sale, it would be more like $50 plus shipping. I haven't looked it over yet. Might be bent but probably not. And maybe there's a chain in the pile that fits it too. I haven't touched any of it yet other than putting it into the shop. Someday...

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This pic shows more details of some interesting (to me) items. 3.7 Craftsman Countervibe (Poulan), a Mac with a cut off wheel on it, the first Pioneer I've ever owned, and last but not least most of a Homelite 150. I always thought the 150 was a sleek looking saw but never had one. Most of the saws are older Homelites.
View attachment 118748

That Red Craftsman is just a 3.7?

I was hoping for another 1.5....

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That Red Craftsman is just a 3.7?

I was hoping for another 1.5....
I think it's a 3.7 but wouldn't bet money on it yet. Some day I'll go through them and see what I have. I literally have not pulled any of them over. Just made the deal and loaded them up.