I need some advice.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so last week I was touching myself watching Buckin' Billy Ray "stand up and buck" some logs and I figured I better get with the program or the Bro's of Instagram were gonna kick me out of the club.

So I made my way over to Ebay and got me one of those Mighty MS 250's with a 32" cannon super-mini and went to town on a 36" piece of shagbark hickory and I started to notice the saw was smoking and the bar and chain were as well and then all of a sudden the chain wouldn't spin around the bar anymore and the saw quit running.

Now before you Ruffians accuse me of having the chain brake on I swear I didn't.

Does anyone have any advice on a better saw I could buy or any modifications I could make to this 250, I was impressed with the power on that bar but something just doesn't seem right.

Is there a builder in mind to really get the power out of this saw ?

Thanks in Advance.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
10:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so last week I was touching myself watching Buckin' Billy Ray "stand up and buck" some logs and I figured I better get with the program or the Bro's of Instagram were gonna kick me out of the club.

So I made my way over to Ebay and got me one of those Mighty MS 250's with a 32" cannon super-mini and went to town on a 36" piece of shagbark hickory and I started to notice the saw was smoking and the bar and chain were as well and then all of a sudden the chain wouldn't spin around the bar anymore and the saw quit running.

Now before you Ruffians accuse me of having the chain brake on I swear I didn't.

Does anyone have any advice on a better saw I could buy or any modifications I could make to this 250, I was impressed with the power on that bar but something just doesn't seem right.

Is there a builder in mind to really get the power out of this saw ?

Thanks in Advance.
I heard Iron Pony can do wonders on the ms250.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes touching leads to spray. Get goggles...
Also, its called a blade. Bars are where you drink IPA’s with yore manbun lumbersexual “be kind friends”

You better take it easy joking around about beer, Pilgrim. The guys in Patagonia jackets and Birkenstocks get pissed real quick. Plus you could potentially lose internet friends over it. I found that out the hard way.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Obviously you just need a longer bar and a smaller sprocket...
Bad advice here O.P. I, too, had heard that this guy was the man...
I learned yesterday that bigger head, smaller bar, and bigger sprocket is the ticket. We're still talking about the pre-game fap-out right?

Also:1699009857322.png