High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

ECHO Echo, Echo, Echo

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Dang new tiller and a new chainsaw all in a week. Sounds like an awesome week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, although certainly not typical. I sold some stuff to make room, and of course I got both of them for about 60% of the local retail price. Probably sell some more before it's all over with.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
3a1fa25264812af8e4e74a21ce084e45.jpg

Got all the parts I need for my little echo. New plug, air filter housing and filter, new primer pump, a couple fuel lines and fuel filter and she’s good to go. Ran great once tuned and ran a tank through her today. Buckled up little trees just fine until some how it grabbed a chunk of grass and sucked it into the clutch area instantly dulling the chain cause of the dirt clod. Oh well not even tired at all lol so money well spent

Edit : oh and a new pull cord too. Got the pull cord for a dollar from my echo dealer lol. All in all I got $65 total in it so not complaining at all.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very good! When it's time for a new chain I recommend Oregon PXL. My small saws do great with it.

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took one of the 750's for a ride today. All went well.

When I picked it up a year ago the PO had managed to wallow out the threads in the case for the oil pump. It wasn't even holding in there. There was very little room to to do much. I ended up taking an M10 nut and turning it down on the grinder until there was essentially nothing left. In the case hole opening, I cut a long piece of foam and worked it down past the threads to block off the inside of the saw. Slowly bored out the hole until I could just fit the insert in. Vacuumed out all the turnings, turned the saw upside down and pulled out the foam plug. Voila, no magnesium inside the saw. Dropped the insert in with JB. Worked like a charm.

Fell and blocked up a good chunk of Douglas fir today. Pulled well with a 24" and full-house on 7-pin.

Just making a couple 3/4 cuts or so. Glad I brought my peavey. Branches had punched a foot into the soil and it was anchored solid.

Sept 23 2017 (9) 9.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took one of the 750's for a ride today. All went well.

When I picked it up a year ago the PO had managed to wallow out the threads in the case for the oil pump. It wasn't even holding in there. There was very little room to to do much. I ended up taking an M10 nut and turning it down on the grinder until there was essentially nothing left. In the case hole opening, I cut a long piece of foam and worked it down past the threads to block off the inside of the saw. Slowly bored out the hole until I could just fit the insert in. Vacuumed out all the turnings, turned the saw upside down and pulled out the foam plug. Voila, no magnesium inside the saw. Dropped the insert in with JB. Worked like a charm.

Fell and blocked up a good chunk of Douglas fir today. Pulled well with a 24" and full-house on 7-pin.

Just making a couple 3/4 cuts or so. Glad I brought my peavey. Branches had punched a foot into the soil and it was anchored solid.

You da man!!

Last edited:

Woodbutcher56

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just went to the local John Deer/ Echo dealer today to look at a cs501p he just got in. I asked the same question about a 16" bar. The manual does have part no. for 16" bar but it's not an option when ordering ,according to the dealer. I kinda like the saw , light compact. A little pricey though , they want $459 for it . I don't know if I like it that much, still contemplating.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a new model, I bet the price will come down. The 500P cost about that much when it first came out. In any event, if the 501P is even in the rear view of the MS261/550XP that price is a bargain.

Woodbutcher56

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's a big if! I may wait and see if it comes down , maybe I'll try and dicker a little , I've only been in there a couple times, but it's worth a shot. I did notice that the exhaust seems to be really restricted, not much of an outlet!
The thing that peaks my interest in this saw is the lack of any type of auto tune. I'm really not sold on that concept . I'll likely stick with tunable saws as long as they're available.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 500P showed up today and looks great. It is apparently NOS though, as the manufacturer sticker has a 2011 date. That doesn't bother me since I paid around $150.00 less than average retail. Will post some pics and hopefully give it a test drive tomorrow.

The 18" Oregon bar and chain for it also showed up. I was very disappointed to see the Pro-Lite bar, which is supposed to be one of their better lines, is made in China. If this was a TSC or Walmart cheapie I wouldn't be surprised, but these bars are not cheap and are marketed as a "pro" bar. That reinforces the only thing I don't like about Echo's 45-55cc line. They are married to .325 pitch, which severely limits your bar options. The 20LPX chain is still made by our northern neighbor, at least.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What gets delivered to the garage stays in the garage!;)

Looked over the 500P last night. I have to say, even if one paid the usual price this saw seems like a very good deal. Made in Japan, metal crankcase, adjustable oiler, Walbro carburetor. Even though it is 50cc it does not look or feel much bigger or heavier than my CS-400 which is a plastic crankcase homeowner saw. It is most certainly smaller and lighter than my Dolmar 5105, which is a bona fide pro saw and performs more like a 60cc machine. The 500P fits neatly between the aforementioned saws and could substitute for either if needed.

The 500P also has a much better feel in the hands and is more nimble and less bulky than the 50cc Stihl Farm Boss and Husky Rancher, which are it's real competitors in the marketplace. Overall, I think the lack of success in sales for the 500P is due to a lack of marketing than anything else. If Echo had pointed out that you get more for your money with the 500 than it's Stihl and Husky competitors, then they could have sold alot more of them. The 590 has been very successful here, and has really eaten into sales of Husky and Stihl 60cc farm saws. It looks like the 490 and 590 will carry on as Echo's offerings to the farm and firewood market segment, hopefully the 501P will have some professional appeal. We shall see I suppose, the lack of bar and chain options is still a problem.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What gets delivered to the garage stays in the garage!;)

Looked over the 500P last night. I have to say, even if one paid the usual price this saw seems like a very good deal. Made in Japan, metal crankcase, adjustable oiler, Walbro carburetor. Even though it is 50cc it does not look or feel much bigger or heavier than my CS-400 which is a plastic crankcase homeowner saw. It is most certainly smaller and lighter than my Dolmar 5105, which is a bona fide pro saw and performs more like a 60cc machine. The 500P fits neatly between the aforementioned saws and could substitute for either if needed.

The 500P also has a much better feel in the hands and is more nimble and less bulky than the 50cc Stihl Farm Boss and Husky Rancher, which are it's real competitors in the marketplace. Overall, I think the lack of success in sales for the 500P is due to a lack of marketing than anything else. If Echo had pointed out that you get more for your money with the 500 than it's Stihl and Husky competitors, then they could have sold alot more of them. The 590 has been very successful here, and has really eaten into sales of Husky and Stihl 60cc farm saws. It looks like the 490 and 590 will carry on as Echo's offerings to the farm and firewood market segment, hopefully the 501P will have some professional appeal. We shall see I suppose, the lack of bar and chain options is still a problem.
This is just me but I feel like the 500p is above the rancher / farmboss line of saws.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just saying that, since they cost about the same, the 500P is a far better choice. Likewise, the 590 is a better choice than the 60cc Farm Boss/Rancher and actually costs less.

I may have found a solution to the lack of a 3/8" pitch option with late model Echo mid-size saws. According to the Oregon parts finder, the older CS-4400 saw could use either a .325 or 3/8 rim sprocket, part numbers 11892 and 18720 respectively. The CS-450, 490, 500, 501, and 550 all use the same part number 11892 .325 sprocket, yet there is no 3/8 option listed. Seems to me like the sprocket at least would be a direct swap. The 450-550 saws use the K216 bar mount, whereas the 4400 used the A041/K041 like the smaller saws do. I don't know of any K216 style bars that are available for 3/8" chain. I wonder if there are any out there that would be close enough?

Last night while I was putting together the CS-500P I tried a bar for my CS-400 on it and it seemed to fit just fine. It didn't have the extra bar oil hole but the unused tensioner hole seemed to line right up, and you could always drill an extra hole. Hmm, I might just order one of those sprockets and see what happens!