High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chinese Professional Chainsaw from eBay, review

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It was a Christmas gift from his dad, why wear that one out when he has other beater saws. Use it for big wood and go on.

MasterMech

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I watched cl for a few months and bought a 'non running' 066 for $20... It needed a new master control lever (actually still does) and wouldn't stay in high idle. So you have to hold the the throttle after it pops on full choke to get it to start. Otherwise it was/is in good running condition.o

I also paid $47 for a good running 026 with almost new bar and chain. So for half the cost of one POS chi com saw I have two saws that can handle any tree that I will ever come across.

And I've actually scored better deals since then.

Moral of the humble brag poast: save your money, don't buy China *s-word and watch cl.
Yeah but, ... You're the GOAT! :number_one:

Sup Mike? :hello:

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
yeah i got the husqvarna from christmas thanks to my dad. i have not used the 20'' on it since it mostly wears the 24'' it is good enough for me.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm done here im leaving this thread.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unrelated to the OP's saw, but thought I'll leave the following picture here as the builders don't want their customers to know that the Chinese are ahead of them in squeezing power out of cc's! :p

steel ms440 04.jpg

I wonder why I even bother hauling my PS-7900 around... :rolleyes:

EDIT:
No, that saw is not made in Germany - the sticker might be though!

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I had one the same. Said it was 58cc. Did a gasket delete and timing advance and left the muffler. Like ya said chain was crap as. All over the shop. Resharpened it and was a fantastic saw for $60US delivered to my door!!

It appears we have all been mislead and should start acquiring Chinese saws. Good job on making that little POS run well. :clap2:

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Unrelated to the OP's saw, but thought I'll leave the following picture here as the builders don't want their customers to know that the Chinese are ahead of them in squeezing power out of cc's! :p

View attachment 23289

I wonder why I even bother hauling my PS-7900 around... :rolleyes:

EDIT:
No, that saw is not made in Germany - the sticker might be though!

I don't think I have seen that exact one, but scams like this (where the saw isn't a copy of anything, but has a "brand name" and/or model number + colors that resembles a well known brand/model) are fairly common in Europe.

What makes this one worse than many others is the blatant lie about 4.8 kW.

I'm not sure where the stickers are put on these scam saws, but believe the factories in china just sell them by the pallet in the colors the costumer ordered, and that the stickers (that is the real scam) are added later.

Last edited:

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It appears we have all been mislead and should start acquiring Chinese saws. Good job on making that little POS run well. :clap2:

There's no doubt about the Chinese saws.
It's all about how long will it last like that.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
WILHELM The sticker for that chinese saw should of read STEAL copied in china! HAHA.
Interesting review this is the only way I get info on a saw like this so thanks for the info. As expected basic copy of anothers product. I wouldn't want one especially for a business setting I hope if/when the saw fails or something breaks it doesn't get anyone hurt or anything damaged in the process.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry it has taken so long to actually run this saw in wood. I've been extremely busy lately and I'm not even in Georgia at present as I'm tied up in a conference all week. Just got finished with a 4 hour class on the Pratt and Whitney PT-6A engine. That was interesting.

Anyway, I will report in once I have a chance to cut some wood with this thing.

Regarding "cloning", this saw doesn't look like anything I've held in my hands, so not sure it's a copy of something.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry it has taken so long to actually run this saw in wood. I've been extremely busy lately and I'm not even in Georgia at present as I'm tied up in a conference all week. Just got finished with a 4 hour class on the Pratt and Whitney PT-6A engine. That was interesting.

Anyway, I will report in once I have a chance to cut some wood with this thing.

Regarding "cloning", this saw doesn't look like anything I've held in my hands, so not sure it's a copy of something.
My brother spent close to 20 years rebuilding PT-6's. They must be hundreds of thousands of them in service.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother spent close to 20 years rebuilding PT-6's. They must be hundreds of thousands of them in service.
I was actually surprised how few of them were built considering how prolific they are, the materials I received today say "more than 44,000 produced and over 23,000 operating around the world". There was one impressive number though, "over 365,000,000 operating hours".