High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chinese Professional Chainsaw from eBay, review

johnny5ny

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It did not come with the cow, the toaster, the butter dish, etc. Yes, I've already received comments from headquarters as to appropriate use of the counter top. The main issue was use of the kitchen towel as a saw diaper...

Made that mistake once with the warden. The track lighting in my kitche is PERFECT for zooming in on stuff.
Actually thought about (albeit for about 2.5 seconds) firing it up as soon as she left the kitchen, but decided I didn't want to sleep in my truck for the next month...

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made that mistake once with the warden. The track lighting in my kitche is PERFECT for zooming in on stuff.
Actually thought about (albeit for about 2.5 seconds) firing it up as soon as she left the kitchen, but decided I didn't want to sleep in my truck for the next month...
That there is funny.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Months later...
I have been gone much of that time but got the china saw out yesterday to do some cutting and also used it today a bit. Ran another tank through it.
It started up after about 5 pulls and ran fine. Nothing changed from sitting. Everything still working as it should. I touched the chain up today with a file even though it was still making chips.
It's running pretty rich but I want to put some more time on it before tweaking anything...
The bar writing is starting to wear off.
Overall, still thumbs up for it being what is is.

Last edited:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked this thread up. Any more input? Throw it in the trash? Have a cousin sorta needing a Saw Thought possibly about making mention of one of these. He certainly can use one of mine anytime, but like myself I hate borrowing things. Wondering if you had used this thing any more. Also how well does it start?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been quite a while since I've used it. Guess I need to get it out of the garage and fire it up. I have a sweet gum stem I could lop off...
My opinion of this saw is that it's worth what it cost. I don't think I would recommend it to someone because there are much better alternatives. Especially someone that doesn't know anything about chainsaws. I think an experienced saw person could get a lot of use out of this model but conversely could get a lot of use out of plenty of other models as well.
I think it's a good truck saw as it's cheap for its size and seems to be pretty reliable. Nothing has broken on it (yet) but it does seem sorta flimsy. That said, it has done everything properly up to this point. ie, starts, idles, cuts, oils, chain brake works, etc.

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm thinking a used pro saw would be a better long term bet for the money. I can sometimes pick up a used MS361 or something like that for the price you quoted on that one...of course the Stihl would need a thing or two done to it...

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Chinese made chainsaws are crap, regardless what the are an attempt to copy - just forget it. That doesn't mean that saws assembled by one of the major saw companies in China is though, that's a different story.

Not surprisingly, the "copycats" try to obscure that important difference.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was moving some stuff around in the garage and shop the last couple days and encountered the Chinese saw so today I fueled it up and started it. It was empty so took about 10 pulls to get it going. Once it started, it acted normal, I cut a few cookies with it and then drained the fuel out of it and let it idle until it ran out. It idled for quite a while (five minutes or so) until the system was empty. It has been quite some time since I used it so was pleased it's still running well. Nothing has broken on it to this point but I can't say I've put all that much of a test on it to date. I may take it to do some tree work I will be accomplishing over the next few weeks.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got this 79.08 jobbie free ship coming in from the bay looks different from yours might have the same guts idk but ill post pics and such i have 30-40 dead ash to cut i'll run the crap out of it see if it holds together lol.$_1.JPG

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just thought I would give an update on the China eBay Professional Chainsaw...
I don't use this saw often but do occasionally take it on a tree job. Used it this past week on a hurricane Irma clean up job. Couple of points:
1. this saw has always started and run reliably. idles/oils/ cuts normal.
2. Still leaks bar oil when sitting. Not unusual for a chainsaw but annoying.
3. Cuts very well, probably due to the Stihl chain it came with.
4. The inadequate space between the wrap handle and the saw body continues to be an irritation, hard to wear gloves while using it.
5. Clutch still wants to slip if any load put on the saw.
6. I have not had to do any repairs on the saw other than chain sharpening.

Present conclusions.
A. Would I buy this saw over again? No.
B. Best use of said saw? A truck saw for an experienced saw user. In my opinion, a novice user would not find this to be a durable tool but with some finesse, it certainly has paid for itself a few times over on tree jobs. It starts when needed and would be a small loss if stolen (and not an appealing target)
C. I don't think I got as good of a deal as I could have. Was it worth what I paid? Yeah, about that.

Peter22

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For timeline purposes, it's been just over 16 months since I bought this saw to assess for the OPE Forum.
Hi, great updates!
Did you check the engine displacement? is it really 58 cc? the manual mentions 52 or 60?
thanks,

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, great updates!
Did you check the engine displacement? is it really 58 cc? the manual mentions 52 or 60?
thanks,
I never pulled it apart so don't really know. There's so many iterations of these saws on the web now it would be hard to keep them sorted out. Right now the saw is down in FL with my son so he can cut in case of a natural disaster. He has small hands so it will probably work great for him.

Peter22

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I never pulled it apart so don't really know. There's so many iterations of these saws on the web now it would be hard to keep them sorted out. Right now the saw is down in FL with my son so he can cut in case of a natural disaster. He has small hands so it will probably work great for him.
I saw a chainsaw, very similar to yours, on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-59cc-P...-Saw-Blade-Tool-Kit-2-Stroke-USA/132418360211
but looks like the seller doesn't know much about the product. I am interested to know if the power and engine displacements are not factious numbers, so I could put a longer bar (e.g., 22") on it.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw a chainsaw, very similar to yours, on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-59cc-P...-Saw-Blade-Tool-Kit-2-Stroke-USA/132418360211
but looks like the seller doesn't know much about the product. I am interested to know if the power and engine displacements are not factious numbers, so I could put a longer bar (e.g., 22") on it.
I agree that the saw is very similar. The accessories are essentially identical. Color is different and my bar said Sliner on it. Note that the chain's installed backwards? lol. That would be a pretty good price but not sure I'd bother spending money on a different bar. If someone were to buy one, I'd recommend just using it for what it is. If you need a longer bar, get a bigger saw. Can't hardly buy a basket case quality saw for $113 so I think it would be a great truck saw. If someone steals it, fie on them!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Time for another update on this saw. My Coast Guard son used it today for Hurricane Michael cleanup in Panama City, FL. He said it worked flawlessly after being stored in his shed for nearly a year. Started in four pulls.
It's been about 2 1/2 years since this was purchased and it's still plugging along.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An update on my mate's A$179 Chinese saw, the 58cc saw that was bored out to 71cc (see post #198).

After I gave it to him he was quite happy with it, then he began to have troubles getting it to cut straight. He thought it was the bar, so he took it to a dealer. They properly sharpened the chain at the shop for $10 and the saw was back cutting firewood like it used to.

Rather than work on his sharpening skills, he's decided for $10 he can keep taking chains back to the dealer.

Seems a shame that he could decide to buy a cheap saw, but then burn through money on sharpening the chains. However, he is still quite happy with his reliable, light weight and easy to start Chinese chainsaw - after all, it's the chains that do the cutting.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An update on my mate's A$179 Chinese saw, the 58cc saw that was bored out to 71cc (see post #198).

After I gave it to him he was quite happy with it, then he began to have troubles getting it to cut straight. He thought it was the bar, so he took it to a dealer. They properly sharpened the chain at the shop for $10 and the saw was back cutting firewood like it used to.

Rather than work on his sharpening skills, he's decided for $10 he can keep taking chains back to the dealer.

Seems a shame that he could decide to buy a cheap saw, but then burn through money on sharpening the chains. However, he is still quite happy with his reliable, light weight and easy to start Chinese chainsaw - after all, it's the chains that do the cutting.
I’m the only person around here that I know well that can file a chain. There’s lots of people that just honestly don’t know how