High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chinese Professional Chainsaw from eBay, review

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
just buy a 660 blah blah blah yeah uh huh i don't want to give 700-800 for a used one.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I had one the same. Said it was 58cc. Did a gasket delete and timing advance and left the muffler. Like ya said chain was crap as. All over the shop. Resharpened it and was a fantastic saw for $60US delivered to my door!!

looks like a good saw for $60 sounds a little rich and may have the rakers too low. But hey for the price it puts wood in the truck.

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
looks like a good saw for $60 sounds a little rich and may have the rakers too low. But hey for the price it puts wood in the truck.
the clutch is small on it for the CC that it is .. also they dont rev like a stihl or husky.. like 10 or 11k max. i didnt get much more time with it as i flipped it.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My saw . . . has never leaked a drop of oil or gas. Maybe you could quit being a hypochondriac and use your saw like a tool not a toy. . . . The only problem that they cause me is because of user error, something that I have caused.

Different saws, different cutting conditions. The plugged oil vent is common on a number of STIHL saws. It usually can be cleaned in place.

Some residual oil is always going to drip off of the chain and bar groove.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know of one guy on A.S. (he can identify himself if he wants to) who bought a few Chinese clone saws, and said he is pretty happy with them for the price he paid. He uses genuine STIHL bars and chains, runs them at 40:1, and does not push them to their limits. He emphasized that not all Chinese clones are the same - some are better than others. And he said that you cannot go by the price - those seem to vary all over the place for the same product, depending if the seller is trying to be the cheapest, or if they are basing the price on what the STIHL OEM model sells for.

Caveat Emptor!

Philbert

Last edited:

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know of one guy on A.S. (he can identify himself if he wants to) who bought a few Chinese clone saws, and said he is pretty happy with them for the price he paid. He uses genuine STIHL bars and chains, runs them at 40:1, and does not push them to their limits. He emphasized that not all Chinese clones are the same - some are better than others. And he said that you cannot go by the price - those seem to vary all over the place for the same product, depending if the seller is trying to be the cheapest, or if they are basing the price on what the STIHL OEM model sells for.

Caveat Emptor!

Philbert
chris in PA ?

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Chinese 365 broke a starter pawl. No biggie I thought, I'd just replace both pawls with a Husky part. Unfortunately, the reason it broke was because it was made of thinner metal (and probably of lesser quality). When I tried to replace the pawl I noticed the screw would lock the pawl in position.

I had to thin the heads of the screw to get the Husky pawls to fit. This is weird, the heads of the screws had a raised 'lip' on the outside of the heads. I put the screws in a drill mounted in the vise and trimmed the lip off the heads - now the Husky parts fit perfectly.

Near as I can figure, the Chinese built the saw for the cheapest cost they could, even trimming a few extra cents off the thickness of the starter pawls. While I was fixing the starter pawl, I epoxied a broken screw mount on the starter cover (Chinese plastic appears to be whatever is available that week).

Anyway, you get what you pay for. If you can do your own maintenance then you can probably get by with the occasional 'hick-up' in quality. Like I said, if you are using a saw for a living - get a 'pro' saw. If you are a firewood hack that can fix the occasional lack of quality, then you'd might be able to get by with a Chinese clone.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then continue to use throw away saws and don't *b-word about the price of the stihl.
1e6e532e76e1155509a9f9a2f05d922b.jpg

the GOAT

87, k2 40:1
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
just buy a 660 blah blah blah yeah uh huh i don't want to give 700-800 for a used one.

I bought a good used, running one on fleabay for $500. Just keep shopping.

I watched cl for a few months and bought a 'non running' 066 for $20... It needed a new master control lever (actually still does) and wouldn't stay in high idle. So you have to hold the the throttle after it pops on full choke to get it to start. Otherwise it was/is in good running condition.o

I also paid $47 for a good running 026 with almost new bar and chain. So for half the cost of one POS chi com saw I have two saws that can handle any tree that I will ever come across.

And I've actually scored better deals since then.

Moral of the humble brag poast: save your money, don't buy China *s-word and watch cl.