Chinese Professional Chainsaw from eBay, review

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m the only person around here that I know well that can file a chain. There’s lots of people that just honestly don’t know how
Sometimes when I sell a saw I'll give the new owner a file. I also will give them a couple links of chain with a new cutter or two and tell them to make their chain's teeth look like the new ones. A lot of people that can't file, could if they knew what to do.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lord don't I know, I've helped a few people learn to file chains. One of them was a firewood cutter that actually sold firewood, another was a tree farm owner that had the tree farm for 30 years. 30 years of cutting trees and he had never learned how to sharpen a chain.

I spent an hour and half sharpening, helping and explaining how to sharpen a chain with one bloke. Then 6 weeks later he showed up and wanted another 'lesson'. The jerk just wanted me to sharpen his chain again. I told him I already showed him, he replied "I forgot". Sorry about that, you should have taken notes...

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brought back the china ebay saw from FL where it was last used in hurricane Michael cleanup. Tightened the chain, filled up the fuel and oil (they were empty) and it took about 10 pulls to get it primed and started. Ran flawlessly after that. I felled a 12 dbh dead pine with it. Looks like it may have been squashed a bit as the wrap handle looks bent in somewhat. It was a gnarly mess my son was cutting through so not surprised. He put quite a few hours on it at Tyndale Air Force Base volunteering. (He's in the US Coast Guard)

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brought back the china ebay saw from FL where it was last used in hurricane Michael cleanup. Tightened the chain, filled up the fuel and oil (they were empty) and it took about 10 pulls to get it primed and started. Ran flawlessly after that. I felled a 12 dbh dead pine with it. Looks like it may have been squashed a bit as the wrap handle looks bent in somewhat. It was a gnarly mess my son was cutting through so not surprised. He put quite a few hours on it at Tyndale Air Force Base volunteering. (He's in the US Coast Guard)
Good follow up post

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used the saw some in the cleanup of the Newnan, GA tornado earlier this year. The saw still runs reliably. Only issue thus far is that the high idle lock broke. It was in some gnarly conditions so not surprised. This saw is still kicking.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used the saw some in the cleanup of the Newnan, GA tornado earlier this year. The saw still runs reliably. Only issue thus far is that the high idle lock broke. It was in some gnarly conditions so not surprised. This saw is still kicking.
Another good follow up.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do the Chinese get away with building and selling non stratocharged chainsaws?
They have to sell a certain number of them before they fall under the EPA guidelines. I think

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm getting too old to do any serious cutting. I gave my Chinese Husky 365 clone to my local fire brigade. It has a ported 77cc jug, modded Zama carb and a few other tricks. With the 24" bar and an 8-pin it rips through Ozzie hardwood.

The guys are happy to have it. Sometimes there is a big tree across a road and the saw makes short work of it.