High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chainsaws and Lifelong Friendships Raffle Draw Date June 24th 8PM EDT.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You mean a 661....
Naw a 661 "alleged" by seller to have cylinder porting done by "MM". Whoever worked that cylinder sweetened it up good for milling. If the 462 becomes mine I'll hafta get in line to have my 046 or ms-460 ported & similarized for use on a dual powerhead milling bar:icon_domokun:
Speaking of which............ding! !

Last edited:

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
8:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just looked at the numbers on GoFundMe and it appears that by the end of the raffle 150+ people will have donated, which based on $10,000 (figuratively), would be an average donation of $60+ (6 tickets) each person and 1,000 tickets out there. We all know that's not the reality, but statistics rarely are reality. So, with 1,000 available tickets, and an average of 6 tickets per individual, you have something like .006 or .6% chance of winning if there were one prize. But, all things are not equal, and each entrant has not acquired 6 tickets exactly, and there are 60~ prizes.

So the odds go like this: any one ticket winning are 60 prizes/1000 tickets = 3/50 or 6/100 = 6% odds. Which can be increased exponentially with each ticket purchased.

So, for example, an entrant having 30/1000 tickets, the chance of winning would be 3% if only one prize were given. A binomial distribution would be the only way to actually calculate a semi-accurate chance of winning when 60+ prizes are available. Which gets kind of hairy and sketchy in the Maths, as you need to calculate the chances of the other 970 tickets being drawn without one of your 30 being picked.

But, here is a basic chance of winning with 30 tickets with a little distribution factoring: 1 - [(1000-30/1000)^60] = 1- .1608 = 16% or a 1 in 6.25 chance of winning at least one prize, if you hold 30 tickets.

And, not winning with 30 tickets: .8392 or 84% chance of not winning one of the 60 prizes.

Of course, everything changes when the 1st, 2nd, 3rd ~ 59th tickets are drawn. And, if there are no shows, those will change the odds even more. I'm not even getting started on the odds of being picked 1st or 10th or poop like that.
It's been a while since I've done Statistics, and there is some rust on the cranial bolts. Never liked Stats in the first place.

I recently took a probability and statistics class. I thought this would be a neat experiment on what I learned. The problem becomes very difficult because because the odds are calculated without replacement. For example the first would be 60/1000 after a winner is picked the odds would be 59/999 the next would be 58/998. This would be fairly easy to calculate but the problem is you may have bought 10 tickets and been picked first, you are no longer eligible for a prize. first pick 60/1000 but the next pick assuming you had 10 tickets would be 59/989. Lets assume the next pick also bought 10 tickets...58/979 on a single ticket not even looking at the multiple ticket purchases.

we also can not use a binomial distribution because it doesn't follow the 4th rule

A binomial probability distribution results from a procedure that meets all the following requirements:

· The procedure must have a fixed number of trials.

· The trials must be independent.

· Each trial must have all outcomes classified into two categories.

· The probability of a success must remain constant for each trial.

I have typed this out for you Gentlemen to realize the 461 is mine so suck it. Hahahahahahaha

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are confusing me....o_O

The amount of consternation I am experiencing is immeasurable. I generally eschew such feelings, with disdain. However, in this instance, it is a matter of simply being flummoxed.

Gesundheit!
Zu viele grosse Woerter, daher verstehe ich nur Bahnhof! :D

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Die Menge der Bestürzung, die ich erlebe, ist unermesslich. Ich vermeide solche Gefühle im Allgemeinen mit Verachtung. In diesem Fall handelt es sich jedoch um eine einfache Flummoxie.

Nice! LMAO.

Είμαι πολύ συγκλονισμένος από τη χρήση προηγμένων γλωσσικών δεξιοτήτων. Just saying!
LMAO ,You guys crack me up! :risas3:

quietfly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! LMAO.

Είμαι πολύ συγκλονισμένος από τη χρήση προηγμένων γλωσσικών δεξιοτήτων. Just saying!

Getadelt wird wer Schmerzen kennt
Vom Feuer das die Haut verbrennt
Ich werfe ein Licht
In mein Gesicht
Mein heißer Schrei
Feuer frei

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I have to agree I was convinced that no matter how many saws you have there needs to be a 660/066 in amungst em

Your evolving 394 will make you think twice about that

This would be fairly easy to calculate but the problem is you may have bought 10 tickets and been picked first, you are no longer eligible for a prize.
Hows come ?
The last raffle for Jeremy had members taking more than 1 pick, even within the first 10 picks

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Your evolving 394 will make you think twice about that

Hows come ?
The last raffle for Jeremy had members taking more than 1 pick, even within the first 10 picks
Thanks I need some intervention before it gets out of hand. I did get a bar mount adapter too Incase I forget about the 660 lol