572 updates

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That long bottom spike is a great pivot and makes your notch cuts meet.
As Mike said on a flared trunk they are especially nice, on my lightweight saws with short bars I like small dawgs for the reach.
I find that running an aggressive chain with big spikes can take a bit of getting used to.
The good thing is I'm not usually far from the truck and have various saws setup for different needs with me.
I think the ones with the long bottom spike are to agressiv when you cut hardwood with short bars.
That is my expirience with them on the 462 with 20“ bar. The start of the cut is rough, are the ones that huskyboy posted a little bit smoother?

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the ones with the long bottom spike are to agressiv when you cut hardwood with short bars.
That is my expirience with them on the 462 with 20“ bar. The start of the cut is rough, are the ones that huskyboy posted a little bit smoother?
That's how they are from my experience(he's got much more though), you either adjust how you feed the bar/chain to the wood, or adjust the chain(hook/depth gauges or both). I feel it's a bit of a learning curve.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 064 ones are the around the same size but the bottom tooth is smaller and pointed up as to not be as aggressive.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

They have less leverage to start a cut in hardwood. It’s not a great difference in the others though.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well might as well share the basics before I leave the store.

Bad news: Kicked it out one month. :(

Good news: A couple of "other models" will also be released at that time. :)

Don't know if I should be more specific there or not, but a couple Rusty Nails after I get home and ya never know.

I'm cool with the change. It's like trading up to get a better pick in the draft. LOL

Last edited:

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's the ones that were on my 064 when I got it. I like the 4 tooth ones.
37e93940353d006dfa1b43f47be3b50c.jpg

Me Tooth.
b6395b5e91d57957b2675bf4fb3bc346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Jon1212 Pro

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Don't know if I should be more specific there or not, but a couple Rusty Nails after I get home and ya never know.

I'm cool with the change. It's like trading up to get a better pick in the draft. LOL

First rusty nail I ever had was in TX. :eek::drink:

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My dealer says the supplier says they haven't a clue when it will come available, other local dealer said same thing. Sounds like I am one of very few that asks about it

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score

You can't drop in that little teaser Bob and not throw some detail out there !! :periodico: This a US deal with the other new models ?

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

:eusa_whistle: