High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

572 updates

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Not comparing the 572 to the 372, but to the 462. And yes, the larger tank gives the "impression" of better fuel economy (and I have no clue which one is better). Just sayin we should try to compare apples with apples, not oranges!
Yes, that was just exactly my point.
I knew what you meant but I was taking it back apples to apples.. I enjoy your knowledge and posts very much. Between you and Mason then the points made have always being very good. I am as neutral as can be. I think a can bring a few more things to the table from a 'matter of factfy' stand point. It doesn't change anything much at the end of the day or obviously I would have jumped in with a strong opinion one way or the other back some time ago.
I have done a lot of work by the piece in my time. I know that I like.
I wanted my 262 ported but Waller wouldn't do it because he salvaged the cylinder so he only ported my 42 and my 266
My first two ported saws in my life and I was just happy to get me 262 going again but was disappointed I couldn't run a ported saw.
What mattered was having the right saw in my hands for the right job..

And why did he port the 42??

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you notice the difference between a 390 and a 572 you must also notice the difference between 462 and 572.
390–>572 = about 0,6 kg difference
462–>572 = Ta-da the same difference
I’m not cutting with empty saws... the 390 holds more fuel and oil than the other two. You would know that when you’ve ran all three. When they start getting to 90cc size is when I really start noticing the increased weight more. Whether you like that or not I couldn’t care less.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never said it was not fuel efficient … but I guess sensitivity is high as I did not find fault with the saw …

I just stated an obvious fact … a larger fuel tank often gives the "impression" of better fuel economy.

That said, there is nothing wrong with having a larger tank … it is a good thing!

I'm just saying … that alone should not translate into "fuel efficiency".

And yes, my 660s all seem to drink very fast (even with good size tanks). (Part of the reason I usually prefer smaller saws, except for milling and really big stuff).

Perhaps we need a "Cheerleader's Only" thread??? I hope it does not evolve into that … don't want the saws to get as bad as politics have gotten!!!
Not sure who you're talking to Mike, that's pretty normal(not knowing who your talking to), it's called a quote, I know you can do it because I just saw you do it. It's helpful, beside why wouldn't you do it, not the first time I've mentioned it to you.

It looked that way, but that's why I asked a clarifying question. Is sensitivity high, or are your random posts to who knows who harder to understand. It actually seems as though your a little sensitive right now.

Really, that's what you did, you stated an obvious fact. I didn't read that in your previous post.

Personally I don't care if it has a larger tank cause I'm rarely far from mix, but I sure don't want 2 series fuel performance either :eek:.
I thought my stock 660 did just fine pulling a 36" for fuel economy vs the job it was doing. The 460 was more of a pig per the work, but was great for bucking, but the 461 was better and got better fuel economy.
I've digressed, 572 FTW:campeon::cheer:.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’m out making $ with the 572... while you guys bicker about specs on paper. Lol
"It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll" I did 28 yrs and grossed 2 million cnd
Erm...not that I saved any
But for now, running a saw is beneath me. Lol

IDK ...I would like to feel like we are improving and I can actually make more money teaching at about £7,000 per head on 6 week courses... Lol

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No swapsies throughout the day.
Pick your groung saw?
Hi Brett. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Now let's get down to business and do what we do best... Wasting our limited time we have here on earth.

Mike could be being suggestive now and saying the 572 fuel economy time is inflated by an increased gas tank. but in actuality fact the gas tank is smaller than the 372 by....well ...you know me... I just hate to throw numbers out there... lol

I believe it is .700ml VS .770ml of the 372
If it was volume (which it also is) then it would be 70cc less volume fuel tank.
But yet the 572 goes a lot longer than the 372
So what the F—ck is he talkin' about..haha
Doing well here other than nursing a cold, thanks Jamie.
Are you doing saw tossing around the world now or what you husky chucker lol.

I'm not 100% sure what he's saying, all I know is I'm liking the feedback on the 572, can't wait to get my own.
For now the 576 AT will have to do, when I ran them both together they felt about the same in power but the 572 had much better handling. As far as fuel economy goes that's one thing I've liked about the 5 series since I started running them, the primary saws I work with are AT and MT, firewood and cookie duty for the rest of them except the 7900/7910's.
Hope alls well over there.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Doing well here other than nursing a cold, thanks Jamie.
Are you doing saw tossing around the world now or what you husky chucker lol.

I'm not 100% sure what he's saying, all I know is I'm liking the feedback on the 572, can't wait to get my own.
For now the 576 AT will have to do, when I ran them both together they felt about the same in power but the 572 had much better handling. As far as fuel economy goes that's one thing I've liked about the 5 series since I started running them, the primary saws I work with are AT and MT, firewood and cookie duty for the rest of them except the 7900/7910's.
Hope alls well over there.
Good to here from you man.
Yeah saw sounds real good for sure.

If a woodchuck could chuck good then which husky would the woodchuck chuck over the chuck?

Well since I'm the Husky chucker then I guess you know the answer to be the one that *WAS in my hand.

If a woodchuck chucked Stihls into the chuck then which Stihls would the woodchuck of chucked?

Answer: all of 'em

STIHL PERFORMANCE CHAINSAWS

Where performance is judged in fathoms..lol

Whoa...just kidding guys

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m a little disappointed that you would accuse me of lying about the 572 fuel efficiency.
Not everyone runs saws for a living like you do, or like I did. Not everyone will be neutral or unbiased. It's part of life my friend.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not cutting with empty saws... the 390 holds more fuel and oil than the other two. You would know that when you’ve ran all three. When they start getting to 90cc size is when I really start noticing the increased weight more. Whether you like that or not I couldn’t care less.

I still can't figure out the empty saws thing...

Why would anyone give a sh!t what a saw weighs with no gas and oil..lol.

Last edited: