572 updates

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bob, I agree with what you are saying, but the task also matters. What is comfortable all day for bucking is not for limbing, and that is not a brand specific comment, I have made it for years regarding the 460/461. It is why I own 1 460 but several Hybrids.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
5:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just seems to be how discussions evolve. The new kids on the block are front and center and I don’t mind the flip flopping. They’re both good saws and there is still good info flowing through this thread.
Very well put Sir.

You have to always have another side as the old saying comes to mind. " The Devil has kept 'religion' in business all there years"

You guys remember the commercial about Kam? (caned meat)

I still remember the jingle.

Kids & Kam....they go together.....like..... going fishin' with your Ooolder brother..
You can have one...you can't have one...you can't have one with out the other.
I still remember Jenny number from the '80s song too? 8675..309....
Apparently useless info.. Jenny doesn't live there and a don't have an older brother.
--------------
Saws 'N' such:
It has always seemed pretty mature discussions that I enjoy reading. I haven't disagreed with any 'arguments brought forth on either end. At least it's adding content, there it be new or beat to black & blue. If you are not learning then you are refreshing something. The best way to help instill a wide variety of knowledge is read and write about it. It's a whole different ball of wax from Falling Timber for example. That's the way my brain works anyway. Looking back now I was just going through the motions and 'forgot' to enjoy the process (no pun) Not in any complacent way. Quite the opposite, its a really deep focus that you block 'everything' out.... Like discomfort and deep analysing. Literally every step is a thought process. The first 2 1/2 years on a saw site I didn't learn anything about falling timber. Then a few people that weren't Fallers kicks the door down for me along the way and the light went on and in return taught me how to teach myself the theory opposed to regurgitating 'a book'. Funny because I Firstly think of myself as a hands on leaner but there is a real separation between theory and practice.

"You can't have one without the other"

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very well put Sir.

You have to always have another side as the old saying comes to mind. " The Devil has kept 'religion' in business all there years"

You guys remember the commercial about Kam? (caned meat)

I still remember the jingle.

Kids & Kam....they go together.....like..... going fishin' with your Ooolder brother..
You can have one...you can't have one...you can't have one with out the other.
I still remember Jenny number from the '80s song too? 8675..309....
Apparently useless info.. Jenny doesn't live there and a don't have an older brother.
--------------
Saw 'N' such:
It has always seemed pretty mature discussions that I enjoy reading. I haven't disagreed with any 'arguments brought forth on either end. At least it's adding content, there it be new or beat to black & blue. If you are not learning then you are refreshing something. The best way to help instill a wide variety of knowledge is read and write about it. It's a whole different ball of wax from Falling Timber for example. That's the way my brain works anyway. Looking back now I was just going through the motions and 'forgot' to enjoy the process (no pun) Not in any complacent way. Quite the opposite, its a really deep focus that you block 'everything' out.... Like discomfort and deep analysing. Literally every step is a thought process. The first 2 1/2 years on a saw site I didn't learn anything about falling timber. Then a few people that weren't Fallers kicks the door down for me along the way and the light went on and in return taught me how to teach myself the theory opposed to regurgitating 'a book'. Funny because I Firstly think of myself as a hands on leaner but there is a real separation between theory and practice.

"You can't have one without the other"

We have SPAM in the States, no KAM.

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We have SPAM in the States, no KAM.
Wow! I was always more familiar with the name Spam before hand. I don't really know Kam on the selves. Those two products of the video came up beforehand as in top 7 of caned meats. I thought they were US of America . I wouldn't even have known how to spell Kam if I had not googled it. The jingle I will remember to the day I die but I don't even remember the product out West at all.

Last edited:

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Empty correct, full fluids the difference is larger.[emoji111]
Yes especially in the 562XP. I was surprised to see the 562 shares the exact same 0.74 pint oil tank capacity as the Stihl 066.
And not far behind in fuel tank capacity with 1.37 pint versus the 066's 1.77
Explains why the 562 goes the long haul on a tank fill making me not minding the extra weight.
A true little work horse.
What's the 572's specs?

Last edited:

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes especially in the 562XP. I was surprised to see the 562 shares the exact same 0.74 pint oil tank capacity as the Stihl 066.
And not far behind in fuel tank capacity with 1.37 pint versus the 066's 1.77
Explains why the 562 goes the long haul on a tank fill making me not minding the extra weight.
A true little work horse.
What's the 572's specs?

My ported 562 would run out of oil (with the oiler turned all the way up) just before it ran out of fuel. Wasn't a big deal, I'd normally run out of fuel before it.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also fuels those rumors of great fuel efficiency!!!

Rumors? Come on Mike, is it really this necessary to try and find something wrong with the saw?

The fuel benefit here as being discussed is centered around working time more than some kind of "MPG" measurement for the saw. That's what is really important to the pro user in the woods. Which seems to be a reality, not a rumor. If that can be accomplished by additional fuel capacity, where's the problem?

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bob, I agree with what you are saying, but the task also matters. What is comfortable all day for bucking is not for limbing, and that is not a brand specific comment, I have made it for years regarding the 460/461. It is why I own 1 460 but several Hybrids.

No swapsies throughout the day.
Pick your ground saw?
Are you saying the saws aren't getting better fuel economy o_O.
Hi Brett. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Now let's get down to business and do what we do best... Wasting our limited time we have here on earth.

Mike could be being suggestive now and saying the 572 fuel economy time is inflated by an increased gas tank. but in actuality fact the gas tank is smaller than the 372 by....well ...you know me... I just hate to throw numbers out there... lol

I believe it is .700ml VS .770ml of the 372
If it was volume (which it also is) then it would be 70cc less volume fuel tank.
But yet the 572 goes a lot longer than the 372
So what the F—ck is he talkin' about..haha

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never said it was not fuel efficient … but I guess sensitivity is high as I did not find fault with the saw …

I just stated an obvious fact … a larger fuel tank often gives the "impression" of better fuel economy.

That said, there is nothing wrong with having a larger tank … it is a good thing!

I'm just saying … that alone should not translate into "fuel efficiency".

And yes, my 660s all seem to drink very fast (even with good size tanks). (Part of the reason I usually prefer smaller saws, except for milling and really big stuff).

Perhaps we need a "Cheerleader's Only" thread??? I hope it does not evolve into that … don't want the saws to get as bad as politics have gotten!!!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike could be being suggestive now and saying the 572 fuel economy time is inflated by an increased gas tank. but in actuality fact the gas tank is smaller than the 372 by....well ...you know me... I just hate to through numbers out there... lol

Not comparing the 572 to the 372, but to the 462. And yes, the larger tank gives the "impression" of better fuel economy (and I have no clue which one is better). Just sayin we should try to compare apples with apples, not oranges!