Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good report Bob !
I'm interested in the smaller 572 ..the 562 Mkll. Hopefully my old 562 will hold out till the Mkll is out.
Sadly sounds like the explosive rev boost is gone though.....

They are being real tight lipped on the 562 update. My guess would be end of year/early 1st quarter of next year. Either way, I'm not keeping as many 562's in stock as usual. Easy to order more as I need them. A 562M2 will probably be the best seller of the 3 when it finally shows up; at least in my market.

I don't notice the lack of rev boost on the 550M2. Rev boost was only a 2 second burst of an extra 2000 RPM's when limbing. It wasn't about acceleration. I'm guessing you did like it when limbing Fir and Spruce trees with lot's of limbs?

As far as acceleration goes I've noticed quite a difference with some of the different carbs on the 562's over the years. Not a surprise as both the 550 and 562 have each had something like 5 carbs. (and almost as many coils lol) But the latest carb on the 562 really accelerates quick. Like turning on a switch Much quicker than the earlier EL44 and EL46 did. And there's no dead spot. Both saws seemed to run way better when they went to the shorter fuel lines that were not mounted in the partition wall and fit better on the lower angled carb nipple.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll take it! Lol! Good to hear from you Bob and great info on the 572. As you know I’m one of those wait and see guys and it sounds like I know what my next new saw will be. If I don’t scoop up a 395 before they’re gone:(

Sorry Josh, ain't letting that one go. :) I do have a couple other 300th anniversary saws from 1989. It's a good excuse for having more than one of the same model. My 268XP isn't "too clean" which means I actually use it now and then instead of it becoming a shelf queen.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are being real tight lipped on the 562 update. My guess would be end of year/early 1st quarter of next year. Either way, I'm not keeping as many 562's in stock as usual. Easy to order more as I need them. A 562M2 will probably be the best seller of the 3 when it finally shows up; at least in my market.

I don't notice the lack of rev boost on the 550M2. Rev boost was only a 2 second burst of an extra 2000 RPM's when limbing. It wasn't about acceleration. I'm guessing you did like it when limbing Fir and Spruce trees with lot's of limbs?

As far as acceleration goes I've noticed quite a difference with some of the different carbs on the 562's over the years. Not a surprise as both the 550 and 562 have each had something like 5 carbs. (and almost as many coils lol) But the latest carb on the 562 really accelerates quick. Like turning on a switch Much quicker than the earlier EL44 and EL46 did. And there's no dead spot. Both saws seemed to run way better when they went to the shorter fuel lines that were not mounted in the partition wall and fit better on the lower angled carb nipple.
My 7 year old 562 must have a good carb/coil combo. I never had either removed so don't know their #'s. As a matter of fact the only repairs it ever needed was replacing 2 rear spring mounts, first one due to working on a very chilly day with -40 windchill. Probably weakened the second one.
Besides it's muffler mod this saw definitely has the best acceleration for a stock saw that I ever owned.
Rev boost or whatever it is great all around not only for limbing.
I work better and faster with that aggressive little saw, Lol.

I'm presently rebuilding my little Yamaha YZ 125 bikesaw designing it around the 562XP dimensions and ergonomics. It definitely won't be as light as the 562 but it's an inch narrower between the covers though.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To further not derail this 572 thread. Any saw to me that looks like a oversized 562XP is a good saw in my books!
I don't know off hand what the 572's maximum factory recommended bar length is. But I've run a recommended 28" full .375 on my 562 and it balanced and worked great. These saws do have wide spaced handles like a little freight train.
I don't production log with my saws but they are cutting 5 days a week. The 572 would definitely fill the space where my 395 once was before I sold it.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting on the Husqvarna website for the North American market the 572XP is listed as "cold intake manifold US/CAN/MX"
I would like to hear more reviews about the 572 from timberfallers in the PNW both US and B.C.

Last edited:

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Any rumors of a larger bore for the 572 platform? 582? 592?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any rumors of a larger bore for the 572 platform? 582? 592?

There is a 592 in the works to replace the 390/395. Pretty sure it's on it's own chassis. Don't know if there will be more than one model from that chassis or not.

Either way, there's a lot of room for a model between the 572 and 592. Something approaching the 80cc range on the 572 chassis would be a hoot. Husky has always "upped" their saw sizes with a 2mm bore increase, so someone could do the math and see where that lands. 77-78 CC would be my guess.

Total speculation here; I don't know anything.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well if Bob is right and they put a 2mm increase like they usually do... it would be 77cc just like a 460. That would be cool. They could call it the 580xp and fit the large clutch cover and spikes with roller catch standard. Probably wouldn’t overstress the chassis or AV too much. I think a 90cc pot would be too much as guys would run a super long bar on it out west or mill with it and start breaking stuff on a chassis that was designed for a 70cc saw. The fuel and oil tanks would be too small for a 90cc cylinder too. Need a dedicated 6 cube heavy duty chassis for that like the 592 Bob mentioned.

Last edited:

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
4:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Interesting on the Husqvarna website for the North American market the 572XP is listed as "cold intake manifold US/CAN/MX"
I would love to hear more reviews about the 572 from timberfallers in the PNW both US and B.C.
I hear it is doing ok but not to many guys run the 70cc Husqvarna up the passages or inlets once the xtorq came in. There was something to be said about the "Simonized era". I was the one and the only that ran ALL 372 in recent years out there in the Deep Deep West. If there was 25 seasoned Fallers then I would have 1/2 or 2/5 of them and the work that was getting done by the 372's per shift may have been 100% by me.(out of 25 Fallers) For a 70. 9cc saw then the Simonized 372 will always be cemented in stone and always will rein supreme as 'the 70cc' King of the coast BC. That is just a fact. In comparison with the old Stihl vets.. A lot of guys run Deakerized 660's and most all own one of Deak's hot rodded 461's that they ever never use...but they sure love it. Even Fallers have ''shelf Queens" apparently???
All the good old boys have rolled out the red carpet for me when I was in my prime 40's. I have been offered the use of grinders, 660's, endless advice in camp, Advice on the hill, Friendship. Not that I asked but a few had said "you can't use my 461 though. Haha. I've never prided myself as a Faller. That's not my saw background but I'm a beast on the saw. These men broke in on the coast at 18-19 yrs old. You leach all the information you can off these guy because 'you' are cutting where their body's won't. May it be the cycle of life but even somebody as modest as me..well I can't pretend I wasn't flattered... lol.

Some of these guys retired with a lot of dignity. There is always the on going thought/joke that others will 'retire at the stump' True coast legends.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well if Bob is right and they put a 2mm increase like they usually do... it would be 78.5cc just like a 7900. That would be cool. They could call it the 580xp and fit the large clutch cover and spikes with roller catch standard. Probably wouldn’t overstress the chassis or AV too much. I think a 90cc pot would be too much as guys would run a super long bar on it out west or mill with it and start breaking stuff on a chassis that was designed for a 70cc saw. The fuel and oil tanks would be too small for a 90cc cylinder too. Need a dedicated 6 cube heavy duty chassis for that like the 592 Bob mentioned.
Makes a lot of sense. A 580 would be a great saw and I really hope its in the works.