572 updates

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya we checked that when he first got the saw and it is designed to sit that way..
He has parked the saw until he gets an oiled pre filter or something better under these dusty conditions

Just looked at the filter on my saw, the screw and filter is in fact designed in a way that the screw mounts on a slight angle, so that's not the issue.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here you go.

ddce48b502b302b15b7514ff52c0981f.jpg
a98ce9bbdbc9e8df9406cbe846e99467.jpg

93a8b6690a01b259bf53fe768c94bc6b.jpg

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think I've posted in a month or more. "The busy season" Try to stay saw focused as much as I can cause people cut wood all year, but only cut grass for 6 months. (That's up North here @Onan18 , not the long mowing season you guys get. :) ) I almost, kind of, sort of miss you guys.

So, 3-4 months since the 572's arrived it's time for a little update on what I'm seeing. Got 50 some of them out locally, so this update only concerns those saws, not the units that I shipped out. Honestly, the best way to describe them is that they have been pretty much flawless. There has only been one single problem, which was one saw dropped a coil and lost spark. Replaced it under warranty. That's been it. No other problems at all. Naturally the poor guy with the coil lives 2 hours away, not here in town. And naturally Husky didn't have coils at the time so I yanked one out of another saw to get him up and running. Always goes that way though. LOL

Feedback from the guys has been very positive. (One guy complains it's loud; I don't get that one.) 90% of these saws are in what we call a serious work environment, not living a hobby saw life. What doesn't get mentioned here very much is how long the 572 runs on a tank of fuel. They ALL praise the fuel efficiency. One dude kept checking his tank until he finally got used to the fact that it will run a long time. Power, and pulling in big wood gets high marks. Two guys who's opinions I respect say the power approaches a 385/390. Seems like high praise, but everyone agrees it punches above the 70cc class and will walk all over a 372. AV is excellent, especially for users putting in a full day in the woods.

Sales wise, after the initial splash they kind of fell off for a while. Now we're seeing a second wave from the guys who took a "wait and see" how they hold up approach. Ya know, guys who burned up early 562's and understandably want to sit back a while and see what happens. They have completely taken the wind out of the 372 sales too. 372's to the US will be over at the end of the year, and I had a chance to do a volume buy and get them for $100 off. I ordered...…….ZERO. Yeah, I know, there will be some guys who want the 372, but not enough to load up on them. And even that will fade if the 572 continues to hold up like it's doing. The market has flipped. None of these guys who are running 572's will go back to the 372.

"The king is dead; long live the king" :)

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think I've posted in a month or more. "The busy season" Try to stay saw focused as much as I can cause people cut wood all year, but only cut grass for 6 months. (That's up North here @Onan18 , not the long mowing season you guys get. :) ) I almost, kind of, sort of miss you guys.

So, 3-4 months since the 572's arrived it's time for a little update on what I'm seeing. Got 50 some of them out locally, so this update only concerns those saws, not the units that I shipped out. Honestly, the best way to describe them is that they have been pretty much flawless. There has only been one single problem, which was one saw dropped a coil and lost spark. Replaced it under warranty. That's been it. No other problems at all. Naturally the poor guy with the coil lives 2 hours away, not here in town. And naturally Husky didn't have coils at the time so I yanked one out of another saw to get him up and running. Always goes that way though. LOL

Feedback from the guys has been very positive. (One guy complains it's loud; I don't get that one.) 90% of these saws are in what we call a serious work environment, not living a hobby saw life. What doesn't get mentioned here very much is how long the 572 runs on a tank of fuel. They ALL praise the fuel efficiency. One dude kept checking his tank until he finally got used to the fact that it will run a long time. Power, and pulling in big wood gets high marks. Two guys who's opinions I respect say the power approaches a 385/390. Seems like high praise, but everyone agrees it punches above the 70cc class and will walk all over a 372. AV is excellent, especially for users putting in a full day in the woods.

Sales wise, after the initial splash they kind of fell off for a while. Now we're seeing a second wave from the guys who took a "wait and see" how they hold up approach. Ya know, guys who burned up early 562's and understandably want to sit back a while and see what happens. They have completely taken the wind out of the 372 sales too. 372's to the US will be over at the end of the year, and I had a chance to do a volume buy and get them for $100 off. I ordered...…….ZERO. Yeah, I know, there will be some guys who want the 372, but not enough to load up on them. And even that will fade if the 572 continues to hold up like it's doing. The market has flipped. None of these guys who are running 572's will go back to the 372.

Good to hear from you Spike and nice report on the new saw.
Believe it or not I have a guy wants to get 6 new 372's before years end. He's a technophobe and wants to stay with the simpler saw. So may be some market out there yet, albeit a dwindling one at that.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to hear from you Spike and nice report on the new saw.
Believe it or not I have a guy wants to get 6 new 372's before years end. He's a technophobe and wants to stay with the simpler saw. So may be some market out there yet, albeit a dwindling one at that.

Technology is skeery!!!!

Have you checked the interwebz lately?
There's dudes on there fighting over chainsaw brands:eek:

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Got any 2 series trade ins?20190519_173937.jpg

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Bob for an honest and in-depth review on the 572. Funny comment on the one guy who complain that the saw is loud

Truthfully, never dreamed it would start off this good. Certainly not after the 562 and 550 when they first came out. Same is holding true for the 550M2 BTW.

The guy who made the loud comment has a couple modded saws too, so it's not like he never heard a loud saw before. Maybe it's a pitch thing? He's a good guy, not a goof who says dumb things.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I've got guys trading in Stihls for the 572XP.

Seriously.

It's the 70cc saw I recommend most often.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

All reports I've heard from other pro's in the field running them on the daily mirror what you said. My buddy cant order enough 550 mark 2's or 572's.