would YOU buy a new 562xp?

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually have a dealer quite close, but I doubt he has sold many saws.
I took wrong, closest Echo dealer is 1.5 hour drive away from me.
I just checked Echo's website and found the closest dealer, visit their website also. That said, it didnt look impressive.....

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My 562 has ran perfect tly since day one as have all of the el-48 carb versions my dealer has sold.
Echo and particularly are a joke. There are really only two chainsaw mfg's that I really consider. STIHL and Husky.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think there are several good choices in the 60cc market I am a big fan of the 562xp but also a big fan of the 6100 dolmar. when I get it from being ported I will be able to comment more on it I will say the dolmar 6100 are imo the best value(there very competitively priced) for a 60cc saw and have good build quality so if you don't feel comfortable with the 562xp give the dolmar 6100 a good look

BGE541

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have had two 562s, first one with the EL46 carb and typical bottom end bog that husky did nothing to fix, the second d seems to be running very hot even with 50:1 XP oil so still unsure about it all but it do think fit/finish/feel it's a nice saw but must a admit the ported 620 is hard to beat... still leary of the AT and the factory support as of yet. I'd like to run a dollar...

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
There is no such thing as echo around here,nobody runs them,nobody sells them and nobody services them,husqvarna ain't far from it either,there's a dolmar dealor close but has no saws and definitely no parts.
I like all saws that are good but not being able to run to the dealor and grab a part and go back to work is a deal breaker for most everyone here including me.
Stihl dominates the market here,there's a few guys including me that will run a 395 now and then but we all have are 660/661.
I've never in my life seen a echo dealor.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have had two 562s, first one with the EL46 carb and typical bottom end bog that husky did nothing to fix, ......

Who was "husky" in this case (what level in the service chain)? There is a reason that the EL-46 isn't available as a spare, while the older EL-44 still is.

BGE541

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Who was "husky" in this case (what level in the service chain)? There is a reason that the EL-46 isn't available as a spare, while the older EL-44 still is.

This was repeated calls to Husqvarna, being told I'd receive calls back about where to go, what to do (because at the time I had no one local or within 3 hours) and still haven't got a call, email or any communication 8 months later. Here is the piston for you guys,. Crank is heat soaked blue as well... I really want to like this saw, and kinda do, but I don't trust it in the least....

Attachments

• KIMG0577.jpg
    KIMG0577.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 72
  • KIMG0578.jpg
    KIMG0578.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 70

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This was repeated calls to Husqvarna, being told I'd receive calls back about where to go, what to do (because at the time I had no one local or within 3 hours) and still haven't got a call, email or any communication 8 months later. Here is the piston for you guys,. Crank is heat soaked blue as well... I really want to like this saw, and kinda do, but I don't trust it in the least....

Sounds odd, and opens more questions than it answers, like how/where the saw was bought, why it wasn't taken (or sendt) back to the dealer, who "Husqvarna" is in this setting, what actually was said on the phone, and why there isn't any written correspondence in all that time.

As the piston looks, my guess is that the culprit either was an air leak or the gas, as it hardly was the gas to air mix from the carb. I know there likely was an issue with a batch of decomp valves a while ago, that in some cases leaked.

It always is a good ide to buy from a local dealer, or from someone you trust will stand up for their product.

Last edited:

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My money is on the Deco, had about eight come in one week with the same issue, all deco. I called Husqvarna, told them what I had found, and they made it right, period. No ifs, ands, or buts, they took care of the customers. How close are you to Douglas County, Oregon? Rich at the Myrtle Creek Saw Shop is an authorized dealer and a really good guy to boot, he might could get it warrantied for you?

Joe

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
if it wasn't for the auto tune on my 550xp it would of burnt up most likely. the seal was torn between the crankcase and cylinder came that way from the factory and I had something like 30 hours run time on it like that with the saw still okay so I thank auto tune on that one

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Awol told me he's seen them with the crank bearings and seals beat out and they still ran fine. Pretty amazing

BGE541

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My money is on the Deco, had about eight come in one week with the same issue, all deco. I called Husqvarna, told them what I had found, and they made it right, period. No ifs, ands, or buts, they took care of the customers. How close are you to Douglas County, Oregon? Rich at the Myrtle Creek Saw Shop is an authorized dealer and a really good guy to boot, he might could get it warrantied for you?

Joe

Myrtle Creek is about an hour from my parents and 10 hours from me. I would like to get a 562 for my father as i like the AV and no need to tune but not having a A T supporting dealer close for him but is a killer. I will look into it though. Thank you for the heads up.