Wiseco 372 piston

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Treeslinger was using them in his saws. Said the bearings lasted a lot longer than normal OEM. That's when he was falling full time.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brads the only one I know of that's tried one. Probably not worth it unless you want to go really wide with the ports
Dominant Saws sent me a piston and a set of hybrid ceramic bearings to demo/test. I installed them in a 2171. That was a 1st gen piston and didn't have much of a popup, so I turned a taller popup on it. I installed both it and the bearings and ran it without porting. The saw ran VERY well. I can't say how much better than stock, but it was an impressive running saw.

Here it is after porting. It's definitely one of the strongest 70cc class saws I've ever built.

Bottom line, I'd give these pistons and bearings a thumbs up.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dominant Saws sent me a piston and a set of hybrid ceramic bearings to demo/test. I installed them in a 2171. That was a 1st gen piston and didn't have much of a popup, so I turned a taller popup on it. I installed both it and the bearings and ran it without porting. The saw ran VERY well. I can't say how much better than stock, but it was an impressive running saw.

Here it is after porting. It's definitely one of the strongest 70cc class saws I've ever built.

Well lookie here. Welcome Brad! You have come to the dark side

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I just got one put together with the 2nd Gen piston. No porting. Just a huge muffler mod. After a little warm up I'll video it in the cant.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Welcome sir.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You guys see any benefits to the ceramic hybrid bearings?or full ceramic.looks like the full ceramic ones would easily chip or even come completely apart causing mass destruction.
The ceramic bearing were intended to be used in applications where lubrication could be poor or intermittent. Full ceramic bearings need very little lubrication and accel in applications where they are hermetically sealed.