Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see it more in the trades all the time now, its perceived if one charges a higher price they must do a better job and be more efficient, the ones with money to burn gravitate toward those that charge more. Some of this has to do with the perceived thought that the one charging must have better gear and insurance and must be more reliable, not the case though but many are catching on to this top tier pricing.

Raising my prices now.....

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
There are a whole bunch of porters with high morals and ethics, and they are the ones I associate with....
So when you going to clue the rest of us in on this utopia? :risas3:

Damn straight there are. I'm not even going to try to name them all.....but there are far more good men porting saws right now than there have ever been bad ones.
Troof

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see it more in the trades all the time now, its perceived if one charges a higher price they must do a better job and be more efficient, the ones with money to burn gravitate toward those that charge more. Some of this has to do with the perceived thought that the one charging must have better gear and insurance and must be more reliable, not the case though but many are catching on to this top tier pricing.

We just did a job for 3200 clams.

An outfit we compete with bid it a 7 grand.

They work every day..I have no idea how.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We just did a job for 3200 clams.

An outfit we compete with bid it a 7 grand.

They work every day..I have no idea how.

Seems every trade is flat out busy, booked for the most part up to a year ahead. We are booked out to 35 months now with more than a years worth pending, prices have been increasing 20 - 25% every year, material costs have risen 15% each year. Our electrician doubled his rate last fall , his work load almost tripled after.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
it's OT, but someday i really want to look inside in one of these insane or sometimes psychotic 101 hotsaw's. For over 600$ of expenditure for port work they must be the pinnacle of work inside. Maybe some gold plating? I'm just surprised about the super high prices. :eek:
Won't cost that much. Forget the thread title for a 661 stroker that grows more than 6cc of displacement. IIRC 660 crank, actual pic's of the machine work in the crankcase and I've found enough pennies to get the 661, for starters, and pay for the time and knowledge that I lack. As a csmiller a near 100cc saw, that is less a handful than an 880 to move, has a lot of attraction. Since already a 661c is used by me.
Addendum
This is Y VA has me rated 100% dis-abled?............ Search 661 stroker to see work to make a SAW

Last edited:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems every trade is flat out busy, booked for the most part up to a year ahead. We are booked out to 35 months now with more than a years worth pending, prices have been increasing 20 - 25% every year, material costs have risen 15% each year. Our electrician doubled his rate last fall , his work load almost tripled after.

I wish Sparkys here were that smart. Right now guys are running around under cutting prices to get work. Cost of wiring a new house including a journeyman and an apprentice rinds almost $5/ft here. Guys are offering to do it for $4/ft. No clue about profit or how to charge for their own time. They get a few jobs, have to hire someone and loose their shirt, close up shop and walk away. Lots of guys getting burnt with guys taking their 60% at rough in and disappearing before finishing.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorta "on topic''....I spoke with Terry a few years back about building my 385 and didn't really get a good vibe from him.

In the end I had Mike Lee do the machine work and ported it myself, probably not the worst decision I ever made.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
upload_2019-7-31_22-1-37.png
Tried to leave a google review and this came up^^

Sorta "on topic''....I spoke with Terry a few years back about building my 385 and didn't really get a good vibe from him.

In the end I had Mike Lee do the machine work and ported it myself, probably not the worst decision I ever made.
If the opportunity ever presents itself, test drive Skippy's 385. It'll make you wonder what maybe could have been(but probably wouldn't have happened). That sumbish is a runner!

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know this topic is basically a bash thread for poor customer service/work/etc. I also can completely understand being upset, it happened to me. What I don't understand is the angst over his stated or supposed religious views. While you may ASSUME he is reputable because of said views, it doesn't mean that person is PERFECT or doesn't get in over their head amidst life's daily struggles. I say all this because jumping on the bandwagon of hate and discontent isn't my style. We don't have to agree, keep on keeping on.

Mr Awesome

PS--The truck thing is kinda funny though.