Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IIRC, the last time, or should I say one other time Terry’s business practices were making headlines, there was precious little “work” being done inside the saw. That might be all well and good, BUT... the price reflected a full Montee wiz bang work over. That was hashed out in another thread.
The point, I guess, is that this is nothing new, and you’re surely going to be disappointed in your walk with Terry if you even get a Wicked Worksaws.

It wasn’t always like this, but this is where we are today.
I’m not here to cast aspersions, but stealing people’s hard earned money is lower than whale sh1t. DW

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IIRC, the last time, or should I say one other time Terry’s business practices were making headlines, there was precious little “work” being done inside the saw. That might be all well and good, BUT... the price reflected a full Montee wiz bang work over. That was hashed out in another thread.
The point, I guess, is that this is nothing new, and you’re surely going to be disappointed in your walk with Terry if you even get a Wicked Worksaws.

It wasn’t always like this, but this is where we are today.
I’m not here to cast aspersions, but stealing people’s hard earned money is lower than whale sh1t. DW

I remember that..

If I recall correctly the dispute was if you pay for the time/work or do you pay for the knowledge..as long as the end result was a good running saw.

You know the saying about opinions.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've resisted wading in on Terry's business practices for years. But, the dam finally got too heavy to hold back. Not exaggerating at all....I could literally write a book about the saws that I've seen......

I should have spoken up years ago, but I was afraid of the backlash.

When the Amish fellow offered to give me extra if the saws actually arrived as promised, I was a bit sick at my stomach thinking about how he must have felt to have sent his hard earned money off to someone and end up getting nothing.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've resisted wading in on Terry's business practices for years. But, the dam finally got too heavy to hold back. Not exaggerating at all....I could literally write a book about the saws that I've seen......

I should have spoken up years ago, but I was afraid of the backlash.

When the Amish fellow offered to give me extra if the saws actually arrived as promised, I was a bit sick at my stomach thinking about how he must have felt to have sent his hard earned money off to someone and end up getting nothing.
That book might be a best seller... Add all your porting theories and I'm in. Or would that be another book...

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I completely agree.
Local climber and customer of mine (I’ll omit his name until I get his permission and edit the post accordingly) ordered a 562xp from Terry Landrum, Wicked Work Saws. Paid in full upon ordering it. $1100+ Took 14 months to finally get his saw. IIRC he got it about 6 months ago. He tried a bunch of creative ways to contact Terry. No contact or replies from his attempts at voicemails/emails for months. He had some friends around the country call/email Terry “interested in a new ported saw”. Used that contact to finally reach Terry.

I ran it shortly after he received it. I’ll be honest, it wasn’t that impressive. Doubt there was any machine work done. I’ll reach out to him and see if he’ll let me have a peek inside and post up some pics. I’m SURE he’d be willing to help this thread and it’s intended purpose.
Reached out to him this morning and sent him a link to this thread. He said he would sign up tonight and share his story first hand.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I tried to tell folks years ago but folks wanted to keep it silent for some reason. So I warned folks in PM's when I seen them asking about him.
Had a 346 and OE 372 on my bench 6 months after they were ported.
But nobody wanted me to post the pics of the sticker on the saws to show who it was. ;)

Shame shame.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried to tell folks years ago but folks wanted to keep it silent for some reason. So I warned folks in PM's when I seen them asking about him.
Had a 346 and OE 372 on my bench 6 months after they were ported.
But nobody wanted me to post the pics of the sticker on the saws to show who it was. ;)

Shame shame.
FFS I would have thrown him under the wheel.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had to go find how far back it was on my website. 2013 owner was selling the 346 because it wasnt right and stated in sell ad. I fixed it for him.
Also fixed the 372. But cant recall what all I had to do.

The 346 muffler mod was such a hack job it was just plan stupid.

h346ww2013.jpg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen them come and seen them go .Some just weren't very good at it and some got fed up with the nonsense .
I think in some cases there wasn't anything actually wrong with the saws but the people who bought them had no idea how to tune them or file a chain and got pizzed at a GTG when somebody beat them by a second and a half with the stock saw . I could over load the server if I wanted to about all the hype and hoopla that went on on a web forum I will never visit again .My 2 cents on that .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen them come and seen them go .Some just weren't very good at it and some got fed up with the nonsense .
I think in some cases there wasn't anything actually wrong with the saws but the people who bought them had no idea how to tune them or file a chain and got pizzed at a GTG when somebody beat them by a second and a half with the stock saw . I could over load the server if I wanted to about all the hype and hoopla that went on on a web forum I will never visit again .My 2 cents on that .

Spot on really....

There's far more to modifying saws for a living than the saw part. These new M-tronic and Autotune saws were a Godsend in my mind. They might not be great for cant racing, but they sure make the tuning of a worksaw one less thing I have to worry about.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never owned an auto-tune saw .However back in the day in the fall cutting it wasn't unusual as the day heated up to have to tweak the high speed jet just a tad to keep it right .As the winter got colder you could really feed the fuel to them .They really like that cool oxygen rich air .

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In order to rape a woman, a man would need to be a sick demented mfer. Period.

A guy without morals, or any principles of any kind. A guy that needs to be put down like a rabid *frenching dog.

How's that sound?
Next please...and next...bring a friend to help and pass the good news, "another one bites the dust."

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buy tickets online, it saves time.
Use code DWinsiders11 to save $10 per ticket.

Don’t waste money on the speed pass thing.

It’s a lot of fun, go straight to (right) Lightning Rod first. Then everything else is downhill from there. The eagle ride is very cool.
The $14 refill cup ended up being worth it. Filling it back up with soda is $1, water is free.

General parking is great and they have a little tram to get you to the front.

It’s a great experience, the lines are fast and they have a bunch of fans and mist to keep the area cool.

The dolly history opens at 11 and is worth it.

I took my family there a few years ago and we had a great time!