Wicked Worksaws - Wicked Work Saws - Terry Landrum - WWS

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That book might be a best seller... Add all your porting theories and I'm in. Or would that be another book...
Could be a book of comparison between jms and TL's results with MMws shop. Pictures of disaster from them and esoteric function from Randy's shop. The beauty of function Randy, photos of before and after intake and exhaust. Limited series, framed for sale as shop art. May add to your income stream sir:angel2::)
Dint kno I hit angel, fits so it's left there

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
11:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've resisted wading in on Terry's business practices for years. But, the dam finally got too heavy to hold back. Not exaggerating at all....I could literally write a book about the saws that I've seen......

I should have spoken up years ago, but I was afraid of the backlash.

Do you think he is related to Moody???

Distant cousin?

Uncle???

Baby daddy?

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spot on really....

There's far more to modifying saws for a living than the saw part. These new M-tronic and Autotune saws were a Godsend in my mind. They might not be great for cant racing, but they sure make the tuning of a worksaw one less thing I have to worry about.
Not having to tune a 125c over the other big saws is why I like the fixed jet version in a non-production saw. Just get to work and no need to fool with it. Sure it's slower, but you spend more time cutting and less dicking with it.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tony......I don't do a better job, or build a better saw than anyone else. I just try to be fairly consistent.
Your saws run good. Mods are done nice, deflectors, screens, machine work & porting. You feel like you got what you paid for. That can't be said for a lot of paid saw work that's been seen over the years. Consistency always trumps an occasional fast saw if the moon lines up with a distant planet on a day that the builder is sober with a working belt sander.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your saws run good. Mods are done nice, deflectors, screens, machine work & porting. You feel like you got what you paid for. That can't be said for a lot of paid saw work that's been seen over the years. Consistency always trumps an occasional fast saw if the moon lines up with a distant planet on a day that the builder is sober with a working belt sander.

I appreciate the kind words sir.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to go find how far back it was on my website. 2013 owner was selling the 346 because it wasnt right and stated in sell ad. I fixed it for him.
Also fixed the 372. But cant recall what all I had to do.

The 346 muffler mod was such a hack job it was just plan stupid.

View attachment 192963

Must have been one of my mufflers lol. Been known to hack a few of them up.[emoji44]

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are a whole bunch of porters with high morals and ethics, and they are the ones I associate with....

Damn straight there are. I'm not even going to try to name them all.....but there are far more good men porting saws right now than there have ever been bad ones.

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could be a book of comparison between jms and TL's results with MMws shop. Pictures of disaster from them and esoteric function from Randy's shop. The beauty of function Randy, photos of before and after intake and exhaust. Limited series, framed for sale as shop art. May add to your income stream sir:angel2::)
Dint kno I hit angel, fits so it's left there

it's OT, but someday i really want to look inside in one of these insane or sometimes psychotic 101 hotsaw's. For over 600$ of expenditure for port work they must be the pinnacle of work inside. Maybe some gold plating? I'm just surprised about the super high prices. :eek:

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
it's OT, but someday i really want to look inside in one of these insane or sometimes psychotic 101 hotsaw's. For over 600$ of expenditure they must be the pinnacle of work inside. Maybe some gold plating? I'm just surprised about the super high prices. :eek:
Lol 600.00
I know guy's that paid the same to have a saw ported as they paid for the saw new
Sometimes more
Especially with shipping etc.
Those i dealt with have been very fair for all the work they did
Completely different saws when i got them back
Especially a dog 2166.
Heard about issue's with landrum about 4 year's ago
Never wanted to deal with him after that.
Don't know him at all.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I fear you will hear about many more victims in the near future once this thread starts popping up on internet/Google searches. My question, is Terry still taking peoples money?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
it's OT, but someday i really want to look inside in one of these insane or sometimes psychotic 101 hotsaw's. For over 600$ of expenditure for port work they must be the pinnacle of work inside. Maybe some gold plating? I'm just surprised about the super high prices. :eek:

It's not the amount of work done that necessarily sets the price. It could be a way to keep volume down to a doable level or one that he's comfortable with, or any number of reasons for that business model.
For the folks buying his service, if they're okay with it and believe it will last longer and be a better value overall, then they are happy, true or not, doesn't matter. Folks with money will gravitate towards the high end of things, just the way it is. Also makes others look like the good value that they are.
At the end of the day, it's a free market place at work and working good.
I don't begrudge the man a thing for how he decides to make his own living.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see it more in the trades all the time now, its perceived if one charges a higher price they must do a better job and be more efficient, the ones with money to burn gravitate toward those that charge more. Some of this has to do with the perceived thought that the one charging must have better gear and insurance and must be more reliable, not the case though but many are catching on to this top tier pricing.