Wicked Worksaws - Wicked Work Saws - Terry Landrum - WWS

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone done a search to see if he's active selling parts or saws on eBay? I seem to remember looking for and finding him there one time when this came up on Facebook. Can't find anything local at the moment, stupid geographical limitations...
He hasn't had parts listed on eBay for some time now.
Previously he had quite a bit of parts there for mowers and other OPE as well as a few ported cylinder kits.
It's too bad, hate to see guys go down, and as previously stated it's not often a guy will recover from such a situation.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another day.....another feller calls to ask if I know how to get in touch with Terry. This guy doesn't use email or PayPal. Said he sent a check for a new ported 390XP in February. Since the check was cashed Terry stopped answering the phone.

I gave him the number for the Morgan County Sheriff's department.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another day.....another feller calls to ask if I know how to get in touch with Terry. This guy doesn't use email or PayPal. Said he sent a check for a new ported 390XP in February. Since the check was cashed Terry stopped answering the phone.

Wow that's a kick in the nuts. That there would make me go on a road trip and get my money back that's straight up theft. I hope he get his money back and it really sucks that these guys are forced to have to reach out to you for answers Terry needs to make things right all there's to it.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow that's a kick in the nuts. That there would make me go on a road trip and get my money back that's straight up theft. I hope he get his money back and it really sucks that these guys are forced to have to reach out to you for answers Terry needs to make things right all there's to it.

He started the conversation by asking me about a ported 372XP.....I recommended the 572 because I'll be doing those sooner.

Then he tells me about ordering a saw from this "Wicked Worksaw" guy.

This makes me sick.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wonder in a case like that or in fact use of electron transfers if the postal laws would be in effect .To get a check to somebody a person would obviously need to mail it .Mail/wire fraud maybe ?Since it probably crossed state lines other laws might be in effect . It might be a situation if a number of complaints were lodged the postal service would have little choice but to investigate . As I said before concerning E-Bay before pay pal I always paid with a postal money order for that very reason .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wonder in a case like that or in fact use of electron transfers if the postal laws would be in effect .To get a check to somebody a person would obviously need to mail it .Mail/wire fraud maybe ?Since it probably crossed state lines other laws might be in effect . It might be a situation if a number of complaints were lodged the postal service would have little choice but to investigate . As I said before concerning E-Bay before pay pal I always paid with a postal money order for that very reason .

There needs to be repercussions.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I like the idea of a Sheriff at his door, might sink in that it's time to stop...maybe.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't claim to be a wizard on financial transactions but any large ones I use a wire transaction bank to bank with records .That way if the seller defaults the bank will track them down like the dogs they are .They are like hounds on the trail or the NW Mounties,they always get their man .Plus it's guaranteed by the bank .

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wow man!
Another day, another victim.
When will it stop?