Stihl head?

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't be caught dead in NY that is fact, Plus i drive a ford.

Haven't been in NY, plus my truck is slick, and has no stickers in the winders :cool:
(is my redneck accent obvious:D)

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't be caught dead in NY that is fact, Plus i drive a ford.
Wow, harsh. Why's that? It ain't Kentucky, sho nuff, but New York has some of the most beautiful, unspoiled country in the U.S. of A!
The High Peaks of the Adirondacks are spectacular.

"The Adirondack Park spans 6.1 million acres and is larger than the state of Massachusetts. In fact, several National Parks could fit inside the Blue Line (the line on a map that designates the outline of the park), including Glacier, Yosemite, the Great Smoky Mountains, Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon."

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, harsh. Why's that? It ain't Kentucky, sho nuff, but New York has some of the most beautiful, unspoiled country in the U.S. of A!

"The Adirondack Park spans 6.1 million acres and is larger than the state of Massachusetts. In fact, several National Parks could fit inside the Blue Line (the line on a map that designates the outline of the park), including Glacier, Yosemite, the Great Smoky Mountains, Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon."

Dang, Didn't know that.

ROAD TRIP. :b1:

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
12:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score

i'll pass.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
not really im sure people wouldn't like me up there anyway.
Jake, one of the "enlightening " moments of my life was coming to the realization that I , as a "Yankee" would NEVER be welcomed into the true "South" . sure we could mingle in the major cities somewhat but in the "Country" where I would like to move/relocate to, I would always be a "Yankee" and a damn yankee at that( even if I'm a METS fan) No matter how many generations later .
Contrast that with any "good ol boy" that ever HAD to move up North, they are alway welcomed and never was their background scrutinized for where they "came from" .

Sorry for the rant but some times y'all ain't that nice.....and we Northerners are always joked at for being mean or disrespectful, but when it comes down to being "neighbors" we have longer , stronger "open" arms.

That has just been my experience and mostly only with the males. The women folk down south are the sweetest most endearing people I've ever met.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
12:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta respectfully disagree with some of what you're characterizing the southern man with. It's a fact that most city folk, no matter where they are, are different than country. But, most country folk are gonna need some time to warm up to ya. No matter where yat. Everywhere has their Richard craniums and bigots. But once you prove yerself as a standup guy yer good to go. Might take a while. I just don't see that much difference between country folks anywhere. Just sayin. Just my opinion. Course if you come here expecting to be disliked you Probley will be
Some of them sweet wimmin will stick a shiv in yer back while smiling at ya

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol i wonder where id fit in i live about 25 miles south of the mason dixon line

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
By no means were my intentions to make my post a "Neil young vs lynyrd skynyrd " thing. And I think you are actually making my point for ME when you say " most country folk are gonna need some time to warm up to ya"
My realization was that I ain't gonna live long enough for that to happen . I am not trying to cast a wide net as in "all southern males" but meerly calling some one a "Yankee" is not a term of endearment , where calling someone a "good ol boy" certainly is in the North.