High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Whats your dream saw?

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Got them in all different sizes, were the original Monster Maul by Sotz (they also made a kit for the 55 gal drum wood stove). Unfortunately, they are no longer in business. Gov shut them down after their $35 kit out performed a $600 Vermont Castings.
explain the govt shutdown about a $35 kit that out performed a $600 stove.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
These would be a great gift idea for someone who appreciates quality, Gransfors Bruks Splitting Axe or any Gransfors View attachment 45571
I really like a great splitting tool. I have a few of the Husqvarna (all) splitting tools made by HB and I really like them. the x27 does have its place. I got my wife the x25 and have yet to replace any handles lol. which was a once a month event before the x25.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
explain the govt shutdown about a $35 kit that out performed a $600 stove.

My brother spoke to the owner personally. They subjected the company to emissions testing requirements that were unaffordable from selling a $35 kit. He was very bitter about it, and the timing occurred right after the magazine article in which his stove kit produced more BTUs, and more BTUs per cord of wood burned than a Vermont Castings stove costing over $600.

They made the best air tight 55 gal drum kits, bar none, sold splitting mauls & timber jacks, and had a monthly publication. My brother and I both heated our homes with their stoves, and their customers were very enthusiastic about their products. They were also the first to introduce the triangle shape head "Monster Maul", which worked very well for it's day (was my favorite splitting device till I got an X27).