What’s saw is in the package? An ooerr44 arctic

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can make a video unlisted or private now, if that's what you mean. I just wouldn't show anything further than the view with the muffler off, or they might say you broke it during disassembly

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It sucks what happened and I hope at the least you get some of a refund but I'd still keep the saw it's a 10mm red switch 044 you can still get everything that saw needs to make a great saw I still wish I had mine there hard to beet well unless you don't take care of your saw like the person who owned that one didn't do.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can fix that 044 up it's worth it they are a darn good saw.

It was one of the reasons I got It , I've been lookin for a while.
I know they can be fixed up. I was possibly going to do a hybrid, but that was before I found it to be a 10mm wrist pin . Not so sure i wanted to change the crank, and grind or inside.

There are some up for sale at the moment, I missed one last wk,
When I get home I will post a few pics of the others , here in the uk. Prices of saws are higher than in the us.

I will keep this thread going and let you know of the out come. One other thing I've found is if you raise an item not as discribed eBay can just Send you a return label, as yin I brought a black watch and they sent a return label

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel bad for you , that is little more than a parts saw that I pick up for next to nothing, for a couple hundred it better be a solid saw in running condition. I really like the 044 saws and have a good number of them in both Arctic and regular form, 10 and 12 mm crank versions.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could try to contact the seller by normal means and negotiate a partial refund, otherwise you might have to return it. I don't know if ebay pays return shipping or what, but money can be wasted in returns if you still want it.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I just got back from the Homebrew meet my last post was from the meet, I needed to get out of a very loud pub.
My phone is rubbish for typing. Hence the mistakes.

Yes @Nutball i did make the vid private, and I edited my other post with the sellers details on, just to be a bit safer..and thankyou for looking out for me.

Anyhow the seller said they only excepted the offer if I got a courier to pick up.. that means I have to send it back...but I don’t know how they would have sold it as a pickup only. as I very much doubt if the saw would have started let alone run properly.

But now i get a reply from the seller,,, it’s a woman by the way, she said she listed it for a friend (a guy) who said it all worked ok.. and she is so sorry and other stuffs.. I’m not saying too much..
Apart from my reply was “I’ve just got back from a home brew meet-up and it’s not the best time to reply, you need to get in contact with this guy..ASAP.

So now it’s the old scam of can you sell this for me please as I don’t have an eBay account or whatever , and then they get the money and run.. the seller is either part of the scam or they are an innocent party in the middle.

What do you guys think..

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I just got back from the Homebrew meet my last post was from the meet, I needed to get out of a very loud pub.
My phone is rubbish for typing. Hence the mistakes.

Yes @Nutball i did make the vid private, and I edited my other post with the sellers details on, just to be a bit safer..and thankyou for looking out for me.

Anyhow the seller said they only excepted the offer if I got a courier to pick up.. that means I have to send it back...but I don’t know how they would have sold it as a pickup only. as I very much doubt if the saw would have started let alone run properly.

But now i get a reply from the seller,,, it’s a woman by the way, she said she listed it for a friend (a guy) who said it all worked ok.. and she is so sorry and other stuffs.. I’m not saying too much..
Apart from my reply was “I’ve just got back from a home brew meet-up and it’s not the best time to reply, you need to get in contact with this guy..ASAP.

So now it’s the old scam of can you sell this for me please as I don’t have an eBay account or whatever , and then they get the money and run.. the seller is either part of the scam or they are an innocent party in the middle.

What do you guys think..
Sounds fishy to me.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning guys,,
I’ve slept on this irritating purchase, I wish I done the vids slightly differently now ie in the second one of showing the exhaust and piston. I should have got the serial number and the scratched front part in the vid. Just so its absolutely unquestionably the same saw. and Maybe not said im going to investigate more. But I guess It not a problem

In the first vid I think all is good but just edit the last bit about saying I’ll put the bar and chain on and run it.because I didn’t even put fuel in it.

Then I will upload the two vids and send here the links.

As to what happens afterwards, I ve been told she’s going to contact the guy, and apparently he’s a friend of her late husband..

I don’t know where this saw originates from, but the person who owned it is an arborists, not homeowner fire wood hack, the chain is filed very well and right to the end of the tooth. And anyone running this would know it lost power and compression as the rings were stuck.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FYI, I’m Just following up in what I said earlier about saws being more expensive in the uk..
This saw below I bid on, I did a max bit of £151.10 and it sold for £155.10 or thereabouts. You can see the broken rear hand guard. That’s why I only bit £151.10 and it was a collection only, about 25 miles away..
652636FA-2E28-4DE7-A730-724C66117AC9.png
This one is a buy it now price..£295 and look at the fixed broken hand guard and China bar and cover :risas3: and the seller says it works..
D13EEDBD-3248-42F1-9524-7459ECCFE5DF.png

And here are 3 more ms440/044, yes they look better better but it’s reflected in the price.
7854A077-6076-4C16-AF4D-7B6521418632.png
9470E231-100C-4980-8591-3AC65B02A698.png

55B6F55F-A2D4-4E53-8CCA-D70FB32F53BE.png

eBay as we know it can be good and it can be bad..I take my chances :risas3: just once in a while you don’t get what they say or think it is:facepalm:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Uk saws are extortion. I want a 346/353/351 builder but they are impossible to come by with plastics and paint in clean condition for a reasonable price. The last one I bought for £140 in an auction and it was grubby to say the least. And pretty toast..

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what my saw worth as a parts saw in the uk. £100 ?

I'm in contact, and have a message along the lines of tell me what the out come you want and I will make happen.:risas3:

I guess it’s like this when he walks throu the door:2guns:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Adam.. I think this saw is in need of some TLC.

I'guessing a rebuild with close inspection of everything with a paint job,,, not sure if I should paint it myself like you have done or send it off to someone...

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can anyone do a check to see when this saw was first registered sn 122994652 044 arctic

Cheers

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Adam.. I think this saw is in need of some TLC.

I'guessing a rebuild with close inspection of everything with a paint job,,, not sure if I should paint it myself like you have done or send it off to someone...

So are you keeping it and getting a partial refund? I personally proper automotive paint (2k) with a a decent 2k primer and etch. Bake it for a few hrs at60 or leave it to harden for a few weeks it will look better than powder and still be hard as. Just my opinion

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too bad you have to buy from eBay, they are a big rip off here with over inflated prices, much better to buy a good saw or a rebuilder in a more private setting. Shipping from either the US or Canada is fairly expensive, but so is buying write offs on your side of the pond.