High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What's on your bench?

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That car mat followed me home from my mentors, I am guessing by the looks of it that it was ran hard and built heat in it from the PTO side and caused the failure, the oil pump couldn't be seen when I tore it down it was packed full of dirt which in my mind just helped hold the heat in more

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That car mat followed me home from my mentors, I am guessing by the looks of it that it was ran hard and built heat in it from the PTO side and caused the failure, the oil pump couldn't be seen when I tore it down it was packed full of dirt which in my mind just helped hold the heat in more
I did noticed inboard clutch saws like to pack material up in there if not cleaned once in a while

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I cut with my saws, I thoroughly clean them at the end of the day before putting them away. I use air and blow all chips and dust out and off the saw. But I am a bit over the edge. LOL
Nothing like a good running Stihl. [emoji106]

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most people don't clean OPE.
That clutch area is near the chain, something else they don't mess with either.

Car mats work and rubber conveyer belt .

My bench has 1 backpac blower and 5 or 6 hammers on it.
Blower looks like new but no spit, cough, or sputter.
Good spark, 130lbs comp, 2 carbs.

Hammers were not used, yet.
Looks like the flywheel key sheared.
The magnets line up with the coil at about BDC

Now i need to make a puller.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not sure of that but I am happy to keep getting there trade ins, oddly the rest of the saw seems to be in fairly decent shape for a logging crew, probably put a set of AM covers on it and the old style starter cover over the newer type that it has on it now.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When I cut with my saws, I thoroughly clean them at the end of the day before putting them away. I use air and blow all chips and dust out and off the saw. But I am a bit over the edge. LOL
Yeap inboard clutch saws like to pack *s-word behind the clutch, blowing around the drum only makes it worse. Traps everything behind the drum

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jeff I am not being a smart A here but folks that use a saw 8 10 hours a day 6 days a week just dont take time to clean them till some starts going wrong I am like you I try to keep mine clean but I dont make a living using a saw every day of the week hope this makes sence.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand fully sir. Need to take care of your equipment though. I do construction on the side and I most always use air and blow off saw dust etc off the tools. Try and keep them running like new.
Guys have to realize. No saw, no work. A little bit goes a long way. Take a little pride in themselves and their equipment. Or someone else's equipment. [emoji106]

I am just optimistically thinking. Lol
But I fully understand what you conveyed. [emoji482]

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand fully sir. Need to take care of your equipment though. I do construction on the side and I most always use air and blow off saw dust etc off the tools. Try and keep them running like new.
Guys have to realize. No saw, no work. A little bit goes a long way. Take a little pride in themselves and their equipment. Or someone else's equipment. [emoji106]

I am just optimistically thinking. Lol
But I fully understand what you conveyed. [emoji482]
This is how I try to treat my equipment...

I worked for a couple tree services for a while and still managed to keep my stuff up after the daily grind.... (Usually while waiting for them to show up to the job site..)

Other guys had maintenance related issues quite often.... They got pissed when they found out I was being paid more per hour than they were after a short time...
I was getting stuff done while they were F-ing around with there saws...

Usually being hired as supplemental labor I was also using my own equipment where they were using company stuff that they couldn't care less about...
An equipment breakdown was a break for them I guess....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk