Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did you use to fix that up?
Weed Wacker line. Heated it up with a torch til it was ready to drip and buried it in the hole, cut the line flush, and heated up an 1/8" Allen wrench and melted it all the way down in. Repeat until the hole was full. Re drill hole. On the inside of the tank, I bent a flat on the end of a piece of brake line, heated it up, and smeared the plastic off

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Weed Wacker line. Heated it up with a torch til it was ready to drip and buried it in the hole, cut the line flush, and heated up an 1/8" Allen wrench and melted it all the way down in. Repeat until the hole was full. Re drill hole. On the inside of the tank, I bent a flat on the end of a piece of brake line, heated it up, and smeared the plastic off
Good stuff! I bet it's as good as new now.
I've tried plastic welding before but never had much luck with it. I'll have to try it again sometime with the trimmer line. Thanks Kev

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good stuff! I bet it's as good as new now.
I've tried plastic welding before but never had much luck with it. I'll have to try it again sometime with the trimmer line. Thanks Kev
Exactly my experience, as well. I couldn't lose on this one though. Just fill up the hole and scrape the excess off.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Split the cases on a 009 today, found where the leak was through the crank case gasket. This saw came in over a year ago, little thing was in really nice shape. I remember trying to tune it up and it just wouldn't hold. Pressure tested it and found a leak through the oil tank vent. Customer didn't want to spend a ton of money on a crankcase repair so he left it with us.....well after my g/f expressed interest in my saws.....I figured a little starter saw of her own would be a great gift. So, bought this little 009 from my boss for $30 and looks like $50 in parts will do the trick. $80 ain't to bad imop for a in nearly new shape saw. Rings still have machine marks! Waiting on all the parts now....they don't make a gasket Kit so I have to get everything separately.....that took awhile to gather up! Should be a good runner when done. Will try and get some pics and video.
do you have the case tools tj? also what did you find out about the br550

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
do you have the case tools tj? also what did you find out about the br550
No tools, used a plastic hammer and a flat nosed screw driver to carefully pop the cases apart. Nothing on the 550 yet, one thing I noticed is where the primer plate sits on the diaphragm....the diaphragm is pretty worn out. So when I prime it I'm thinking is drawing vacuum from the outside of the carb. But that doesn't explain my L mixture screw problem. I did eliminate a welch plug problem....looks like it could be the primer plate valves sticking. Wish I had a kit in stock! Calls for an RB-166 and we've never ordered or sold one. Grr.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
also tj those carb have other check valve people dont know about. the small brass barb fitting on the metering side has a check valve in it that need to be check with your mity vac tester

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No tools, used a plastic hammer and a flat nosed screw driver to carefully pop the cases apart. Nothing on the 550 yet, one thing I noticed is where the primer plate sits on the diaphragm....the diaphragm is pretty worn out. So when I prime it I'm thinking is drawing vacuum from the outside of the carb. But that doesn't explain my L mixture screw problem. I did eliminate a welch plug problem....looks like it could be the primer plate valves sticking. Wish I had a kit in stock! Calls for an RB-166 and we've never ordered or sold one. Grr.

IMG_2249.JPG

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Had a guy drop off a stihl ms 260 he went and replaced the oem jug with a farm tec jug. Think the jug he installed has some horrible numbers on it. When I last seen the saw it wouldn't rev out no matter what was done with the tuning slow to rev up and slow wfo. So I got the saw from him and he brought the oem jug with that I will be re installing and doing a Lil bit of grinding on. Forgot how small the exhaust and intake port is on those in stock form. So I will do a Lil bit of intake work, widen exhaust and match exhaust to fit, and a Lil timing bump. He heard my oh26 woody pro fire up and he liked it. Figured I'd get him a bit more than a stock saw puts out but it's a work saw.