High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What's on your bench?

JBW1

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
FYI, the Hercules is a higher quality than the Bauer, and I think they are a lot better than the DeWalt bits that I have.

I also learned that using the slower speed on the drill and applying good pressure works the best.

Drilled a lot of 1/2" holes in 4" angle iron (w/o a drill press) to make brackets for the post and beam construction of my hunting cabin.

Feed and Speed, right?

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@gurwald:
Just curious,
Did you go with the 44.3 because it’s OE, or you just had it on hand rather than the popular AM 45??
Reason I ask; it was a really hard decision for me, choosing between the 2. I went with an OE 44.3, finally at the end. Wife got the kit for me for Fashahs day, so had to make a decision to get it by the weekend.... hopefully. Want to spend the day in my realm. But I had both in my cart for almost a month... so just had my girl eenie meenie minee moe it For me. haha! Hope I’m not going back by next season... buuuut why the hell not.

I thought oe was 42mm, ne 44.3?
Piston was slightly scored but cylinder looks nice after a clean up so I just got an AM piston for it.
I would like to try a 353 cylinder.

WillG

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cleaned and serviced a ms170 for my buddy's dad. Also bent the stop switch spring back into position. Tested new pressure washer on saw and it does excellent. A little simple green, soak for a few minutes then blasted off.
ecb7429f8fdff7dbb62b582fe5524294.jpg
e4866363f2706c4a6b22f1e38be3f742.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
9:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bunch of fartknockers talking about drill bits. Of course one had to come in with a broken case bolt. Had to break out the lefties.

Would have been cake if some azz hat didn't try to remove it before we got it. They were half off center. Made us have to make a giude bushing and go real slow as to not snap the bit. But in the end it all worked out.

Bolt broke off a inch and a half down in this hole.
0617200940b.jpg
0617200940a.jpg
This got the job done.

0617200940.jpg 0617200939.jpg

Saved the guy a bunch of coin not having to tear it down and split the cases to remove. Guess that's why people make the drive.

(Bit didn't break just a bad angle)

Steven

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m a cheap bastard, Irwin is as name brand as I get. Recognized the blue case. Good to know those bits work ok, thanks!

They would be great for most people. Unfortunately I get into a lot of broken stainless bolts. They are ok but if I had unlimited resources. I would try a snapon set. I just can't justify it. I just buy a replacement set every few years. Nice having a fresh set on hand that way too.

Steven

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They would be great for most people. Unfortunately I get into a lot of broken stainless bolts. They are ok but if I had unlimited resources. I would try a snapon set. I just can't justify it. I just buy a replacement set every few years. Nice having a fresh set on hand that way too.

Steven

Grainger has that set on sale for 134.00 right now.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Napa has them on special quite often too. Can't remember what I paid for the last set, but that seems pretty reasonable. Might have to order up a extra set just because now.

Steven

That seems like a great price to me.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I generally go box store brands. Milwaukee or Dewalt. Just buy new set every so often.

Does anyone re-sharpen their drill bits? Are they any good after?