Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
9:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pork belly burnt ends just hit the Pitboss. Never done them but I don’t think they are that difficult.
Well they didn’t turn out as I expected. I learned from this and know what to change but not sure I’d do them again. I prefer doing them with a chuck roast. I will say it was the first time I had something that was more of a fail. I do have a pork butt out that will hit the pit early next week so let’s hope this first time of this goes better.

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Pitboss abs been using it a year with Pitboss pellets. I don’t empty the hopper after each use and I have never had an issue with it clogging.
I second this statement. I don't empty the hopper between cooks. My Pit Boss has earned it's money many times over.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what are you using for a charcoal circle?
Piece of scrap stainless tubing from work. I wanted a "Vortex" but my cheap ass wasn't going to spend $40 for one. I believe it is around 8" diameter .060" thick. 8" is a little smaller than I would like and I plan to make another one that is 10"-12" diameter.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
With a bigger diameter one could crush the center section to make a snake feed for longer cooks. SS makes sense.
I've used the HD black wood stove pipe in the past, usually lasts most of a season, and I was able to get a lot of cuts from a 3' piece of pipe.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nic when doing the cream cheese smoke, try a brick with a jalapeno or habanero jelly layer placed on top of the cream cheese b4 putting in the smoker.
You will thank me later . . . It's a main stay at our family GTG's

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nic when doing the cream cheese smoke, try a brick with a jalapeno or habanero jelly layer placed on top of the cream cheese b4 putting in the smoker.
You will thank me later . . . It's a main stay at our family GTG's
Over new years the wife took a block and mixed it with pineapple habanero dip mix. They practically ate the bowl. I have some cowboy something or other a friend gave me that I have yet to try with it.