Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seen a recipe on Reddit for some ground beef snack sticks that don’t require a casing. I mixed them up last night and just smoked them this morning. I did 3 pounds of burger with hi mountain seasoning and followed the recipe for ground meat. I did them at 200 for 100 minutes. The recipe I seen was for 2 pounds and about 80 minutes. No idea how they are supposed to be when done but the one we sampled was tasty. I’ll let them cool down and see how long they last.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cut up some pork roasts and marinated overnight to make something resembling char siu or Cantonese BBQ pork. They usually do it hot and fast, but I went low and slow. Gonna take it off a little before the pulling stage so it's still sliceable. Might make char siu bao if I have time tomorrow. That's a real crowd pleaser. Basically a fluffy steamed donut full of BBQ pork. What's not to love? Also got a chuck roast in the paper.
20240507_173326.jpg

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you like that cutting board Nic? I was wondering if they are any good. Brisket looks tasty btw…
These drip ez tubs are damn nice. I prefer a wood cutting board as ive heard the plastic ones can damage knives. With that said th why make trimming and seasoning your cook really clean. The new models now have lockable lids. I’ve been looking at ordering a kit with another tub slicing knife resting blanket and something else but my memory only remembers the key things I want.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
These drip ez tubs are damn nice. I prefer a wood cutting board as ive heard the plastic ones can damage knives. With that said th why make trimming and seasoning your cook really clean. The new models now have lockable lids. I’ve been looking at ordering a kit with another tub slicing knife resting blanket and something else but my memory only remembers the key things I want.
Cool thanks for the review. Been wondering whether they were just another gimmick or not. I’ll have to check them out.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool thanks for the review. Been wondering whether they were just another gimmick or not. I’ll have to check them out.
Like everything it might not be for some. The wife got it for me for Christmas. I really like it. They make three different sizes. It really worked well for this brisket as all the juices stayed contained to the tub versus all over the table. If you find another brand or style and buy it please send your feedback.