Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made these this morning in the Sous Vide. I used a recipe from "Copy Kat recipes" for Starbucks egg bites with bacon, Monterey Jack and Gruyerre cheese.
They were really good. I've never had anything quite like them.
One and half a toasted Ciabatta would have been sufficient.
They're supposed to keep and reheat well. I'm going to make more this weekend to see.
image.jpeg

Edit: I made more and they did reheat perfectly on 50% power in the microwave.
I also made some with a spicy breakfast sausage I make and liked them as much as those made with bacon.

Last edited:

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made these this morning in the Sous Vide. I used a recipe from "Copy Kat recipes" for Starbucks egg bites with bacon, Monterey Jack and Gruyerre cheese.
They were really good. I've never had anything quite like them.
One and half a toasted Ciabatta would have been sufficient.
They're supposed to keep and reheat well. I'm going to make more this weekend to see.
View attachment 324513
The golf course where i used to work made something similar, but in the oven. I like what u got goin on there.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sliced the rest of the Sous Vide Corned beef tonight for sandwiches.
I really like the unit so far.
Going to experiment more with the egg bites this weekend. My tank will hold a dozen 4oz jars, so I can try a lot of different combinations in one batch.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@srb08 What slicer is that? I have a super cheap plastic unit. It works ok and was given to me so I can’t complain but I would like a better one.

It's a 9" Berkel.
It's a quality piece of equipment and I really like it but the 9" blade limits the ability to slice large cuts of meat.
I would have preferred a 12" but the size and weight made it impractical for use in a home kitchen.
The 9" was a good compromise.

image.jpeg

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is going to be a 5lb Bourbon crusted pork loin. I rubbed it and sealed in a vacuum bag. I'm going to cook it tomorrow in the Sous Vide then use an Apple Crown Royal glaze, before searing it with a torch, to set a crust.
image.jpeg

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife made this insulated base and cover for my Sous Vide pot. It should hold in the heat and help with cooking effeciency. It'll be especially beneficial with long cook times. It fully encloses the unit.
image.jpeg

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's the finished product. I cooked it at 145* for 10 hrs. I cut the loin in two pieces to better fit in the container. The apple Crown Royal glaze was outstanding. I had extra and used it like AuJus. I'm not a big fan of pork loin because it's always too dry for my liking. This was not. It was moist and tender.
image.jpeg

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's the finished product. I cooked it at 145* for 10 hrs. I cut the loin in two pieces to better fit in the container. The apple Crown Royal glaze was outstanding. I had extra and used it like AuJus. I'm not a big fan of pork loin because it's always too dry for my liking. This was not. It was moist and tender.
View attachment 325897
Care to share the glaze recipe?

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Care to share the glaze recipe?
The original recipe for a 6 lb pork loin called for 5 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 lb butter and a cup of bourbon.
I used 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 lb butter and 1/4 cup Apple Crown Royal. It was plenty for 5 lbs of pork loin and some extra for AuJus.

Last edited:

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The original recipe for a 6 lb pork loin called for 5 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 lb butter and a cup of bourbon.
I used 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 lb butter and 1/4 cup Apple Crown Royal. It was plenty for 5 lbs of pork loin and some extra for AuJus.
Sounds awesome, I will definitely be trying that! Thank you!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 325897
Looks fine Steve!