What's For Supper?

Makers

New OPE Member
Local time
12:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Just some bacon and eggs.

Purchaed a cookware set in December 2019 just for the trips like this.

Great cook set, purchased to augment my MSR Flex 2 set that I've already used for 4 years throughout the Middle East and Africa. The quality is great, weight is fine for backpacking, and will take care of an entire family's needs for a weekend.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our local grocery store just started selling chicken feet, $2.99 lb.
Leg quarters are $1.79 lb.

How do you cook and eat Chicken feet?

They make an excellent addition to stock. And they're very popular in China. I read once that China imports a billion chicken feet monthly. They pickle them, bread and fry them, and use them in many dishes. I've eaten them at Chinese places but personally didn't care for them much at all. And I like most things.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our local grocery store just started selling chicken feet, $2.99 lb.
Leg quarters are $1.79 lb.

How do you cook and eat Chicken feet?
I'm fixin' to butcher about 30 meat chickens in 2 weeks or so. Want me to box up about 50-60 feet and send 'em your way?

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm fixin' to butcher about 30 meat chickens in 2 weeks or so. Want me to box up about 50-60 feet and send 'em your way?
While I appreciate the offer. The amount of work involved to prep and cook them appears to outweigh the value of the finished product, at least to me.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While I appreciate the offer. The amount of work involved to prep and cook them appears to outweigh the value of the finished product, at least to me.
LOL. Usually, I toss them in a big stock pot along with the necks and gizzards. When I'm done breaking down the carcasses, they go in too. 30 chickens should net me about 4-5 gallons of good stock to be canned and used all year making soups and whatnot.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL. Usually, I toss them in a big stock pot along with the necks and gizzards. When I'm done breaking down the carcasses, they go in too. 30 chickens should net me about 4-5 gallons of good stock to be canned and used all year making soups and whatnot.

What have you found to be the best method for cleaning them?