What to order with a Simington 451C

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
50/63 is the standard ones I make. $55 a piece + shipping.

View attachment 286779

I need one of those for my simington. I was skeptical of the plastic one from the day it arrived and would rather preemptively replace it than wait for it to wear out. Going to send you a PM good sir.

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will come up I’m sure but Shaun’s holders are exact, your abused chain is not. You will find every burr on your drivers and realize your sprocket, chain, and bar may not be in as good condition as you once thought.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will come up I’m sure but Shaun’s holders are exact, your abused chain is not. You will find every burr on your drivers and realize your sprocket, chain, and bar may not be in as good condition as you once thought.

Yes, I make them .001-.002” over the gauge so they are quite tight. Dinged drive links will not pass through them.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, I make them .001-.002” over the gauge so they are quite tight. Dinged drive links will not pass through them.
And that is a good thing.
The guy next door has a freshened-up surface grinder, magnetic base and several different types of cutter materials including diamonds if you need anything surface ground on a small 6x12 setup. I'm sure you have plenty there but just throwing it out there.

lbfelt

Vini Vidi Vici
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
50/63 is the standard ones I make. $55 a piece + shipping.

View attachment 286779

Shaun, I’d like to order one of these. Can you PM me the info so I can get one ordered? Also, I am now a Simington dealer and would be interested in carrying your plates for my customers if you’d be interested in selling them wholesale.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The grinder comes with single diamond point dressers for the wheel. There’s a multi point dresser that some say is better.

I’d also pickup a white wheel. They work pretty well for converting from round or fixing rocked cutters
I’m a little late on this thread but I’m looking at buying a grinder this week. And you answered a good question about my wheels to convert from round or square

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shaun, I’d like to order one of these. Can you PM me the info so I can get one ordered? Also, I am now a Simington dealer and would be interested in carrying your plates for my customers if you’d be interested in selling them wholesale.
So you sell these grinders to now. How do I get a priceDo you ship ?
And do you have any available?

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
10:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my 10 cents worth...

The blue stones are great but they are real hard on dressers. It's white wheels for me. Single points work fine on the side plates. Save the multi points for the top plates.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my 10 cents worth...

The blue stones are great but they are real hard on dressers. It's white wheels for me. Single points work fine on the side plates. Save the multi points for the top plates.
Yes I noticed that about the blue Stones they are