What really grinds my gears!!!

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
8:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate it when the roads are snow and ice covered, there is not a vehicle to be seen in your rear view mirror, yet some meat stick needs to cross traffic immediately in front of you with his rear wheels going 90mph and the truck only going 3mph. And it has giant 4X4 decals on the side..

Dude, it's ok to use that 4wd button..

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate it when the roads are snow and ice covered, there is not a vehicle to be seen in your rear view mirror, yet some meat stick needs to cross traffic immediately in front of you with his rear wheels going 90mph and the truck only going 3mph. And it has giant 4X4 decals on the side..

Dude, it's ok to use that 4wd button..

TROOF! :applaudit:

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate when people slam on their brakes because of a 1/2 inch deep puddle in the road then they go 15 mph under the speed limit because it's sprinkling . I really hate it when when idiots tailgate me when I'm in my vacuum truck and honk at me expecting me to pull over going up a steep grade with a full load in a 5 speed international with a dt466 that can't be stopped on the uphill because loaded it can't pull a hill from a stop.

Last edited:

Dougbert

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mail thieves. I live in a rural area that is near a large population center. Crime used to be pretty rare here, but the last few years have gotten much worse. One big issue is mail theft. Anything from broad daylight raids where they drive a 15 mile circuit and hit every easy mailbox to power tool hacking of secure boxes to stealing entire mailbox assemblies.

Well, my original "secure" mailbox was vandalized around 2001. I replaced it with a Fort Knox Box with Abloy lock. No one bothered to try...until Friday night a week ago. Went to check the mail Saturday and hey, what, the key won't fit. Closer inspection reveals a sheared off steel tool of some kind jammed in the lock and circular scratches around the lock where they were trying to force it.

They failed but now I'm out $65 for a new lock plus whatever a locksmith wants to charge to come all the way out here to drill it out. Never mind the hassle of forwarding mail elsewhere temporarily. Other neighbors were also hit the same night and lost mail and packages.

Attachments

• tmp-cam-2005104737.jpg
    tmp-cam-2005104737.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 61

furb

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This guy. I listed an FS80 and Echo Hedge trimmers for $100 each. I messaged him back thinking maybe I could get him up to $150.

image.jpg

The no show guys who think you forgot two months later

image.jpg

And the guy who is trying to trade the worst crappiest snowblower for my 461, 550xp or tries to buy everything for $10

image.jpg
image.jpg
And the super messagers. Five alerts a minute. Don't forget the bottom dollar folks.

image.jpg

I can't find the message but I had a guy telling me he could buy a new 362cm for $400. He ended up offering more than his "new" price. I ending up selling it for less than his offer to a guy who wasn't an ass.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been there.
I have a 50cc chinese atv. Oldest daughter outgrew it, youngest lost interest.
Battery went bad from sitting.
Brake light does not work due to snafu with replacement master cylinder assembly I installed.
Listed for $300.
Guy emails. Says, its got all this stuff wrong, $200.
I said I listed whats wrong, $300.
He claims a battery is $150..
I ignored him.
He then emailed every day for 4 days, each time dropping $25 off his original $200 offer. WTF.
I dont really care if it sells. And if he had not been a total douchenozzle, the $200 may have taken it.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Azzholes who think the loading zone at The Home Depot is their personal parking spot! I needed to pull a trailer in there with my crew cab longbed and it wasn’t happening thanks to that douche... I had to wait until the other people left, then back in.

451BF099-C66D-410F-BBFD-E225EE5A3E0C.jpeg

Fresch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stupid people.

I posted my ‘74 Duster for sale a few years back (612hp/589tq stroker small block/BUILT 727/8.75 with 4.30s on 4 link, mini-tub, interior was almost perfect and had a less than 1 year old paint job in OEM LimeLight) asking $12,500 FIRM. Guy hits me says he wants to test drive the car and says he is bringing cash. Ok!

Run over to buddy’s house, grab some 110 to toss in it (already had some 93 in it but I wanted to getthe car sold), get it pulled out and prepped up. Ole boy shows up with a fancy new Duradud and a trailer: good sign he is serious. Go over every square inch of the car, show him everything, fire it up. Show him I have $22k worth of reciepts in a binder. He says it looks great, let’s go for a ride.

I drove. Took him around, showed him how well it handled, the upgraded brakes stopped it perfectly, cruised. Then we stopped in an abandoned housing development with a nice straightaway and did a couple burnouts to heat up the cheater slicks. Did 3 launches and picked the front tires off the ground each time; he looked like a little Kid at Christmas. Head back to the house and park it.

He says let’s get down to business. He pulls a big wad out of his pocket and starts counting, acting like a big shot. Tries to hand me $3,000. I was beyond words! I finally sputtered “Are you flukking serious?!?!?” He says with a used car salesman grin “Well, you need cash and I want the car. Take it or leave it.” I walk up closer to him, seething and told him “I’d rather light the car on fire in my own driveway and piss on it than sell it to you, let alone sell it for 3 grand. Now get the fuukk out of here!”

That *frenching douchenozzle tried calling me 3 or 4 more times over the next few weeks. Never answered.

Now I am all about getting a good deal, and I don’t mind some haggling; but don’t be a douchenozzle

I hate that, will you take $3,200.00? Well will ya?? :)

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started to just delete the whole damn thread.....but, instead will just remove folks from it that can't resist talking politics here.

Remember, ArboristSite has a whole section dedicated to making American people hate each other. If you want to talk about politics, or religion, take it over there.
I started to just delete the whole damn thread.....but, instead will just remove folks from it that can't resist talking politics here.

Remember, ArboristSite has a whole section dedicated to making American people hate each other. If you want to talk about politics, or religion, take it over there.
You got that right!!!:argue:

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This reminds me of a 67 Toyota FJ40 Land cruiser I sold before moving north last year. Far from perfect, it was complete, running, stock with good 33" tires. Arizona rust free truck. Was asking $4200. A couple of dipsticks send me a message showing interest. They come by and look it over....then dipstick #1 says "no offense but this truck is only worth $600-$800". I laughed at him. Sold it two days later for $3900.

Another instance. Had an aftermarket set of 4-16"x8" eight lug aluminum wheels for sale for $150. Great shape. We're about $150 new each! Some *pretty boy comes by to look at them and offers me $60. I didn't counter...just refused. Those wheels, at the time, were worth about $80-$90 just for the scrap aluminum content.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Golfers. If they aren't on a golf course, they will litter any property with balls and not retrieve them.

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mail thieves. I live in a rural area that is near a large population center. Crime used to be pretty rare here, but the last few years have gotten much worse. One big issue is mail theft. Anything from broad daylight raids where they drive a 15 mile circuit and hit every easy mailbox to power tool hacking of secure boxes to stealing entire mailbox assemblies.

Well, my original "secure" mailbox was vandalized around 2001. I replaced it with a Fort Knox Box with Abloy lock. No one bothered to try...until Friday night a week ago. Went to check the mail Saturday and hey, what, the key won't fit. Closer inspection reveals a sheared off steel tool of some kind jammed in the lock and circular scratches around the lock where they were trying to force it.

They failed but now I'm out $65 for a new lock plus whatever a locksmith wants to charge to come all the way out here to drill it out. Never mind the hassle of forwarding mail elsewhere temporarily. Other neighbors were also hit the same night and lost mail and packages.
john prine wrote a song about some humans aint people.