What really grinds my gears!!!

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold my old crew cab Chevy last year... the guy lowballed me, and even wanted all my spare parts along with it. A couple months later I see it posted on Craigslist for more than twice what I sold it to him for... :rolleyes:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When someone asks if you have a xxxx thing, you give to them as you have it laying around and not using it , then you find out later they sold it,

Or another thing that really grinds me up, someone calls you up, they need help to fix (car, saw, bike,) you even drop everything for them, and even stop off for parts on the way. At the end you leave and say well we fixed that all up.
The next time you need a little help, and call um up,, there to darn busy for you .:mad:

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love the ones "I want it, price is fair. Be right over" and never show up and won't return your calls. Used to have a tree fairy and it go so bad he would agree 8:30am start on a job, I helped as ground crew, and after excuse after excuse (never his fault) maybe start mid-afternoon. Waste an entire day for half a load of wood.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a old hemi sold a few years ago guy message me. Told him firm on price says he can only meet me on opening day of deer season FFS. I meet him at a town not to far cause he can't follow directions. Then trys to low ball me with *B-S.... it set me off.
Then you got Craigslist where ever time you get low balled.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It happens all the time.
I have a 50cc kids atv my girls dont use anymore. Posted it for sale. Firm on price stated in ad.
Guy emails me. Says he will give me $100 less. I say no. He then emails me 3 more times, each time knocking $25 off his original offer. If he wouldnt have been a knob, I probably would have sold it for his first offer.
I never replied.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stupid people.

I posted my ‘74 Duster for sale a few years back (612hp/589tq stroker small block/BUILT 727/8.75 with 4.30s on 4 link, mini-tub, interior was almost perfect and had a less than 1 year old paint job in OEM LimeLight) asking $12,500 FIRM. Guy hits me says he wants to test drive the car and says he is bringing cash. Ok!

Run over to buddy’s house, grab some 110 to toss in it (already had some 93 in it but I wanted to getthe car sold), get it pulled out and prepped up. Ole boy shows up with a fancy new Duradud and a trailer: good sign he is serious. Go over every square inch of the car, show him everything, fire it up. Show him I have $22k worth of reciepts in a binder. He says it looks great, let’s go for a ride.

I drove. Took him around, showed him how well it handled, the upgraded brakes stopped it perfectly, cruised. Then we stopped in an abandoned housing development with a nice straightaway and did a couple burnouts to heat up the cheater slicks. Did 3 launches and picked the front tires off the ground each time; he looked like a little Kid at Christmas. Head back to the house and park it.

He says let’s get down to business. He pulls a big wad out of his pocket and starts counting, acting like a big shot. Tries to hand me $3,000. I was beyond words! I finally sputtered “Are you flukking serious?!?!?” He says with a used car salesman grin “Well, you need cash and I want the car. Take it or leave it.” I walk up closer to him, seething and told him “I’d rather light the car on fire in my own driveway and piss on it than sell it to you, let alone sell it for 3 grand. Now get the fuukk out of here!”

That *f-wording douchenozzle tried calling me 3 or 4 more times over the next few weeks. Never answered.

Now I am all about getting a good deal, and I don’t mind some haggling; but don’t be a douchenozzle

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always pay asking price if i think its fair for what im looking for. If its overpriced to me i dont even inquire. Not worth wasting mine or anybodys time just to get hurt feelings and nothing to show for it.

Now if its OBO and a fair price i may offer for 5-10% off asking price so i feel i got a good deal. :)

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like to tell people to make me an offer on some things. This establishes A. How serious they are B. How far apart we are on price C. If this is someone I am willing to work with.

I have told a few people here to make me an offer on stuff. Several times the offer is more than what I was thinking and told them “too much, try again”. One guy offered me $40 for a carb, I told him too much, try again. He started getting irritated and spouted off it was a used carb, blah, blah, blah thinking I wanted MORE money. I laughed at him and told him to offer me $20. He laughed good naturedly and offerd $20. Shipped it to him as well for the $20.

I’m not out to lose money, but I’d rather put stuff into the hands of people who will utilize it for less if any profit than make money on someone who is going to break/destroy/misuse.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not usually a Mopar guy, but nice car!!
Thank you!

My uncle (who owns a body shop in CT and has done more than a few classic/muscle car restorations) took the car and stripped it down then painted it while I was on my 2nd Iraq pump. That paint is literally PERFECT. Not a blemish on the entire car, and no “putty and paint will make it what it ain’t” either. He also tore through a set of brand new rear tires while he had it. Told me it was payback. Hahahaha